SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just got my 9-5 checked over the weekend and got a list of stuff that the Indy recommended I get done. Still a newbie with these beauties so some hints and tips as to whether these jobs are major or minor would be really appreciated !! :p

1) Knocking in front suspension

2) Caster bushes worn

3) L/H Stabilizer Bush worn

4) Timing chain noise

5) Vacuum Hose off at throttle body

6) Coolant looks like Chemi weld (some sort of sealer) added

7) Rear end lower ball joints

Thanks in advance guys.. I will get all of them done, but just want to make sure that it wont die on me if I don’t do them immediately.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
4 and 6 would worry me a lot, the chain is an engine out job to do it properly changing the guides etc as its done.

Mind you chains can rattle for a long time and will be louder with naff or old oil :confused:

All the suspension work is gonna cost some too - has this car had a very hard life :confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris,

I actually never heard a sound (4). How ever the indy said that it wasn’t too major. It may have disappeared after the oil change.:roll:

With regards to the suspension work it should be covered by the road worthy certificate I received when purchasing the car. Need to take it back to them and ask them to fix it.

As far as it feels it drives fine and I don’t notice anything. It is a 10-year-old car with 150k's on the clock so I guess it maybe just time

Thanks anyways !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts