SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sunroof motor is really noisey, is there any specific lubricant i can use to quite it down or any ideas

also my rear wiper is really REALLY LOUD it always scares :eek: people in my car, should i just buy a new motor?

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
Are these both motor noises (whining/grinding) or something originating from friction noise, as in your wiper blade chattering or squeaking across the glass (same for the sunroof)??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sunroof is a whining normal operational noise, the rear wiper is a metal or metal grinding sound it is really loud and echoes through the car

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
A dry wiper blade makes a horrendous noise on the rear window. My rear wiper no longer works and I miss it not.
Same with the sunroof.
To "fix" these noises, much work and a full toolbox are necessary, and some $$$$. It may not be a motor...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i just changed all the blades and the noise is all the time, even when its raining hard, i think ill just buy a new motor.

as for the sunroof, i know the motor is $$$$ and i think mine is in good condition but when i operate it its noisey

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Why not disassemble these things and find out exactly what the problem is.:cheesy: The weather is good now..
It cannot be any worse than the rack I am struggling with..
I've seen an interesting sunroof "fix" on a Audi or maybe VW...ratty but inexpensive..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts