SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a 2006 Saab 93 Aero 6 Speed manual, 130k on the clock, I've put about 5k on it. I bought it stock and was quick to get a downpipe installed and vtuned. It runs great, but I have noticed a loud hum/vibration when decelerating while in 3rd and 4th gear after some hard acceleration. The sound and vibration stops when I press in the clutch, but I can also feel it between shifts during spirited acceleration. If I don't press in the clutch, it will last for about ~1500rpm or so while decelerating, then goes away. It almost sounds like wheel rub or when driving on rumble strips (not quite that bad but it's hard to not notice). I doubt it is wheel rub, I run the stock 17's with Koni yellows and Eibach springs. I'm starting to worry it is the transmission. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

edit: Forgot to mention I also have a GS torque mount installed

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Before throwing money at expensive stuff like clutches and trannies do you have the stock mount? If so, and it isn't too much trouble, throw it back in. Aftermarket mounts transmit all sorts of noises you wouldn't hear with stock floppy rubber mounts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's just a poly bushing that you insert into the stock mount. I'll remove it and test.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed the torque mount insert bushing and drove it for a few days. I can still hear and feel the vibration at times, but the torque mount was amplifying it by a lot. I suppose I will just ride it out and see if it gets worse over time.

·
Registered
2006 SAAB 9-3 Aero 2.8L V6
47 Posts
I have this same problem! Let me know if there is a fix for it.

Also, it appears to be to happen/get worse, when I have a gear engaged and deaccelerating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts