SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

cant wait to put all of this in :cheesy: sorry, those are the old sidemarkers, i got too anxious and had to throw in the new smoked ones

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
so you are coming, Tweek? Cool!

I would have driven to you. but if you are coming down we can hit the albany car Show if you want after a little mod install party. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SPATL said:
What BOV did you finally decide on? I know you had been doing some research on this...

After the MBC+A goes on, you'll really want that rack brace...:eek:
Have fun!

Let's hear about your thoughts on the tranny mount once that is installed.
i went for a turboxs type s i think it is? it was on ebay for $85 new so i went for it. anything i should know when it comes? maintinence wise? it sounds pretty easy to install, i just have to cover up that other peice? do i need to adjust anything?

ALSO so the steering rack brace helps a lot? i was reading about seperation problems on part of the clamp in old posts. has this been corrected yet? so its $150 for the clamp and brace? i might have to go for it soon.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
abdukted1456 said:
so you are coming, Tweek? Cool!

I would have driven to you. but if you are coming down we can hit the albany car Show if you want after a little mod install party. :D
whats the albany car show? are there any get togethers or anything ever in the albany area? I live in GF and i am out of the loop, we have nothing here.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
julianBC said:
whats the albany car show? are there any get togethers or anything ever in the albany area? I live in GF and i am out of the loop, we have nothing here.
how far is glens falls? I am in Troy, work in Albany.

the albany auto show is all this weekend, fri-sunday. they will feature "Over 170 new vehicles (cars, trucks, minivans) representing 34 manufacturers and exhibitor booths featuring auto-related products and services" and also Buffo, the world's strongest clown.:eek: :confused: no sir, that is for real. :eek:

I think it is like for the dealers to show off the new models and upcoming 06 cars if they have them available. maybe a 9-7x or something, I hope.

there is a capital district Saab club, I "joined" but they never seem to meet.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
MG, I live down the road a bit from RPI, I went to school there.

you should give me a buzz when you're in town, would like to check out the viggen for a few minutes! PM me if you want.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
julianBC said:
i went for a turboxs type s i think it is? it was on ebay for $85 new so i went for it. anything i should know when it comes? maintinence wise? it sounds pretty easy to install, i just have to cover up that other peice? do i need to adjust anything?

ALSO so the steering rack brace helps a lot? i was reading about seperation problems on part of the clamp in old posts. has this been corrected yet? so its $150 for the clamp and brace? i might have to go for it soon.
The install is pretty easy. Yes you have to cover the hole in the intake. I used a 1 or 1 1/4 inch pipe end, like a white plastic one and painted it black. I've heard of people using those rubber chair legs covers too.

To get the bov to fit, there is really only two steps. The first is to get the actual unit to fit over the nub on the delivery pipe. Depending on how the bov you get fits, you may need a little modding here. I have a turbo xs, but its a different model and I had to fit a sort of grommet between the valve and the nub to seal it up better. I just went to NAPA and they had a peice of hard rubber heat-resistant material in the correct diameter.

The other thing that gave me issue was that the stock vac line that connects up to the new bov was too small to fit the nipple. As I was installing a new bov anyways, and needed to put in a T fitting, I just made one with different size nipples on it. The effect of this was a converter so I could buy a new vac line in a larger size to connect up to the bov. So basically you may need to buy some brass fittings and another vac line to fit in the bov.

But, these may not be problems for you, I'm not sure. Just be ready.

·
Registered
335 Posts
abdukted1456 said:
MG, I live down the road a bit from RPI, I went to school there.

you should give me a buzz when you're in town, would like to check out the viggen for a few minutes! PM me if you want.
i'm actually going down to RPI this saturday to check out the school. it'd be cool to stop by the show too. a little extra incentive to go

1 - 20 of 24 Posts