SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I lost my only key to my 1999 Saab 9-3. I still have one remote which was working with the key I lost.
I frequently got "Key not Accepted" SID messages with my old key. I had to turn the key to on, hit unlock on the remote, turn the key off. Then I could start it normally.

1) What I'm wondering is if I get a new key cut to the VIN can I start the car in this way without programming the new key?
2) How complicated and what is the process to program the new key to an ebay bought TWICE Module(I have TECH II)?
3) Can a non Saab specific repair place program the key to an ebay TWICE Module?

I've been quoted $300 for the new Key and around $900 for a factory TWICE Module and that's more than I bought the car for. I'm pretty good with mechanics and feel confident I can install a new TWICE unit myself. No matter what I do I need at least a temporary way to start the car because it's racking up parking tickets and would be about 100 mi to tow to a Saab dealer. I've looked at ways of disabling the TWICE and removing the ignition lock but this would be a last resort.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
1: No
2: You must have atleast 1 transponder, which is programmed to TWICE.
3: No, see 2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts