SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a 1991 T16 S convertible locked away in my garage where it has been stood for some 8 years. I’m looking to get it back on the road now but have lost the immobiliser dongle thingy! I have the key only. It’s the dongle that you place in a receptor before turning the engine over. Is there any way around this ? Can a dealer supply a replacement from the key number? Am I screwed!?

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
My belief is that the thing you're referring to was a dealer add-on, not something sold by Saab. Those things wee pretty common in the US in the '90s and '00s, but the only system I'm aware of Saab using is the SaabGuard, which was generally (but not exclusively) a rebranded Alpine unit.

I'm not sure how or where you would find a replacement - if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you'd probably need to start by digging the control unit out of the dashboard so you at least knew what manufacturer's part you were looking for.

The good news, I suppose, is that if a dealer installed it a user can uninstall it. :D

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
If you can get wiring diagrams, you can remove whole alarm system.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for this guys, I’ll remove the receptor and see if I can gain any info, if not I’ll post a picture of it in case anybody out there can shed some light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts