SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOTH OF MY KEYS ARE GONE!

Is it possible to get the parts off a donor car that is being parted out?
If yes, what parts? CIM module and Keys?
What else?
I have Access to GM Tech II, what can be done with that?

Also how do i tell what year and month of the car? and if its 2003 and a half?

I know that its a 2003 saab 93.

I live in Portland, OR does anybody here (locally )programs keys for Saab?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Please confirm who knows: is it only CIM module, key fobs, and if wanted door locks.

Does the ECU (Engine Control Module) store the key code also?

Thanks!
It does not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lostsaabkeys.com does it for $600 and i'm trying to go a cheaper route here.

I was looking for some input: if i were to buy some parts off a parts car it would work. There is no ignition switch so i only need to have the CIM Module, key fobs, and i can change the door locks!

I have looked at lostsaabkeys.com and others but its too expensive, and i allready have GM Tech 2!

Where can i find Saab software program for the Tech II ?

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you find a used CIM and matching fob, its still gotta be "added" to your car, requiring Tech 2, candibox, Saab 32mb card and TIS security access. If you send your CIM to lostsaabkeys, they will be able to program a new/rechipped fob and it should be good to go without any reprogramming IIRC. They can also cut a hard key if you supply the code.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you find a used CIM and matching fob, its still gotta be "added" to your car, requiring Tech 2, candibox, Saab 32mb card and TIS security access. If you send your CIM to lostsaabkeys, they will be able to program a new/rechipped fob and it should be good to go without any reprogramming IIRC. They can also cut a hard key if you supply the code.
I have to agreed with the above statement or go to dealer and pay like $1500.00 for 2 new keys + CIM......

OP you really don't have too many options if you lost your only working key......

good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

thats what i needed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.