SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I'm driving a 1991 convertible 900, clutch 1 year old, engine checked in 2004, and so on.
I noticed that when the outside temperature rises up, above 32 centigrades, the engine "suffocates" or something like that.
When the engine is cold and the outside temperature high, there's no problem...it happens when I start one hour later for example. Starts right, but then, especially with 1st and 2nd gear (means high RPM), I have some buffeting.

But friday I had a bigger problem on the highway: was driving at 140km/h, and suddenly I felt the loss of power. Fortunately I was close to an exit, and I just had time to leave the highway as the engine stopped...I have waited some seconds, started again and parked the car on the pavement.
I checked the air filter, no hole, nothing wrong. I checked later at my garage, they found no pure mechanical problem.

Could it be the tank, being pressured when the temperature is warm?
By the way it becomes dangerous...
Shall I wait for the winter? :cheesy:

Thank you if you have an idea...and sorry for the approximative english. ;)

Mad

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hi there,

The '86 EMS I used to own had suffered this as well sometimes. The best I could do was to build a small guard under and around the bottom of the AMM that kept the hot air that passed through the radiator away from the AMM. I also added a device called a fuel leecher into the fuel line that helped with the crap fuel over here. These did help but I tend to think that the AMM was out of spec as years later the AMM failed and when it was replaced, the car felt a lot better all round.
I don't think the tank pressure should ever result in this kind of fault.
Any ECU codes?

Good Luck
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts