SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[font=&quot]I was just on my way to work i gave the car loads of time to warm up and i overtook someone. A little after tht i lost all power. I car hardly idles i got no pulling power. I could just about make it do 30mph to get it home. It was a very painful drive.

Can anyone help?

Need to have this fixed today ideally
[/font]

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Intercooler pipes are all fine. All connected no splits.

p.s.
I know were surrposed to edit our last posts but i tried that and got no reply.

Edit: OO yeah everytime time i put my foot down abit to just to 40mph or go up a hill it clicked like crazy. It souded like it was comig from the back but im not sure.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took it to my saab guy. he changed the ht leads and the acp ticked on 3 and 4 when he did some strange test. Which he said means there burntout.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3 and 4. He said 4 doesn't normaly go but it has.

A few days ago the boost did go a bit mad and it hit 16 psi and jolted.

I trust this guy. I think hes right.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
seems kinda farfetched! do us all a favor here and get a second opinion!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I herd the clicking of the knock sensor coming from the APC when he was dong the test.

Plus i have had to leave my car up there for the time being as it is very undrivable.

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
-Frank- said:
3 and 4. He said 4 doesn't normaly go but it has.
I meant which type of valve. Engine valve? APC valve? From your description I am assume that your mechanic was referring to damage to inlet or exhaust valves?

Making the APC solenoid tick while appearing to conduct a test on the engine is no indication of anything. There is no diagnostic connection between the APC solenoid and damaged inlet/exhaust valves.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
-Frank- said:

A few days ago the boost did go a bit mad and it hit 16 psi and jolted.
I haven't got any bright ideas, but I run at 18.5 psi normally without an APC and with a stock 900 intercooler. 16 psi shouldn't pose any problem in itself - certainly not if the APC is working. Have you adjusted fuel cut-off, as that would jolt around 16 psi. Can't see it burning out a valve though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thankyou very much for the help but i am selling my car to my parts guy or maybe Saab-Daniel off this forum. I give up i have had this car for nearly a year and all i have had is touble. Spent most of the time off the road. I don't have the funds to keep thoughing money at it.

I am going jap. Nice pulsar 200bhp 4wd

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe get a T16 airflow as a project car when i am felling a little richer. ;)

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I wouldn't rush any decision, no matter how tempting it may be. I reckon what everyone else has said is right - you really need a second opinion on this one. Sounds like the parts guy can't wait to get his hands on it - how gutted are you going to be when you see him driving it around in a few weeks. Anyway, Saab-daniel is in Denmark - bit far to tow it.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
oooooooh man this sounds classic, mechanics do this all the time, i deliver auto parts on saturday's (awsome deals!) and you wouldn't belive the crap i hear mechanics say to people, it is very widespread. man GET A SECOND OPINION! save yourself. AHHHHHHHH! japanese! if you thought a saab was unreliable, famous for burning oil! the saab surpases in all respects, perhaps you have had a streak of bad luck, if you keep on top of things and take good care of these cars they only continue to impress, now that is something special, don't give up HUMOUR US GET TEH OPINION!

(edit) a pulsar!!!!!! teacher at my school has one of thoes:eek: ! ouch man, don't do it!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
[font=&quot]My parts guy isn't my mechanic. It’s on limp. So it drives but only 30 mph and its painful to do.

Wanted a pulsar for while now anyway. i wanna try a 4wd car.

EDIT: I would get a second
[/font]opinion but in this case it mean driving on limp for 25-30 miles

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Frank, Go to a car spares shop, buy a compression tester (under £20). Take all the plugs out, get a mate to sit inside the car, stuff the tester in one of the plug holes, get the mate to crank the car with his foot fully on the throttle. You will get a reading, do it for the other cylinders & see what you come up with.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts