SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was driving down the highway and when i went to pass someone at full throttle the boost would go into the red then just stop and i would lunge forward abit and it would keep driving. The car runs fine under any normal boost, but once it goes into full it wants to cut out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you are hitting a fuel cut cause the car is over-boosting(pretty sure it is that)
Usually it happens cause of improper operating wastegate ,probably need some lubrication, search around and you will find how to do it.
There are lots of threads on that subject.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if thats the case then its probally the mbc i put in, although that was put in well over a month ago, but still i guess i can dial it back and see what happens, thanks.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Did you try to pass in 5th? Or did you downshift to 4th and nail it? The crappy thing about an MBC is that to have lower load/gear performance you need to either be gentler-ease into WOT instead of stomping, and get your revs above 3k if you wanna stomp it and not hit fuel cut. Or tone it down so that it spikes to 15 instead of holding steady there. In the latter of the two cases you'll get about 10-12psi @wot in 2nd.
-Cm

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's the MBC. You have it dialed up too high. You should never boost high enough to trigger the fuel cut off; the automatic shouldn't be pushing the RPMs that high.

I would pull the MBC out, I found it to be more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, guess i just have to dial it back, just find it weird that it went for over a month with it never cutting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts