SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently installed vtuner stage 2 package on my 06 saab 93 aero. When first installed the thing ripped it was amazing. After a week it started misfiring, upon logs i was told it was the fuel pump. Replaced it and yea the car stopped misfiring but now anytime i try to open her up. My boost gauge will go to 16psi, which is already less boost than stage 2 should be and then on top of that it only PEAKS 16 once that number is shown on my digital gauge it falls QUICK. And you feel it. Complete loss of power i figured maybe it was the boost control sensor so i changed it and that didn't even help. Im stuck and i honestly just want to enjoy my car at its full potential. Someone chime in who has had boost issues. Ive checked the hoses no leaks. Is this a wastegate issue or something im missing?

·
Super Moderator
20,202 Posts
Well, what does Brian say now? Have you sent new logs?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, what does Brian say now? Have you sent new logs?
Last time i data logged was with the first fuel pump, i had done the aermotive install and when i datalogged he said it wasn't giving enough fuel pressure. I changed the sensor in the rail and it didn't change it so i just decided to junk the aeromotive and i put in a complete stock assembly dropped in, triple checked every connection and make sure it was seated. It drives better than it did on the aeromotive fuel pump. Im going to be honest, ive been dealing with this issue since march and i feel like im bothering him with how many questions i ask. Thats why i wanted to give the forums a try. Im a decent mechanic i have a 93 camaro i do all my own work too. This saab is just a whole other monster lol! I figured someone else might have run into an issue similar to this before too.

·
Super Moderator
20,202 Posts
mmm speed density

Why aeromotive? Is it supposed to outflow stock? What kind of file does the software spit out? csv? I assume it has a boost target and actual boost? Also, I see stage2 doesn't include an intercooler. It's really hot out now. Was it hitting 16psi before? You say it dies off....is it heatsoaked or does it die off even when engine and ambient temps outside are cool?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmm speed density

Why aeromotive? Is it supposed to outflow stock? What kind of file does the software spit out? csv? I assume it has a boost target and actual boost? Also, I see stage2 doesn't include an intercooler. It's really hot out now. Was it hitting 16psi before? You say it dies off....is it heatsoaked or does it die off even when engine and ambient temps outside are cool?
Brian suggested changing the whole assembly and use either a stock pump or aeromotive 340, i tried a new assembly with the aeromotive and it worked but then started misfiring again. I didn't want to bother so i replaced it again with a 2nd brand new assembly with pump and all. And it doesnt but i do have a mishimoto j-line race intercooler installed with do88 intercooler piping. Brian had told me he made the adjustments for that aswell. When i first had tuned the car it went to 19psi and was driving real nice. It only lasted like 3-4 days though before these 3-4 months of no boost/no fun. My car has no stored codes i can see and no cel. It runs weird though, now that i remember that was my first issue i was going back and fourth with him about. I was trying to chase an issue where my car stalls our if i through in neutral after driving or cruising. It was every time but the times it did not stall it went to like 200-300 rpms and came back up. It still does that to this day, my boost/vac gauge sits at around -19 when idling, and when driving goes to around -22 when i let off, from what i read this is normal right? Even in the beginning though this issue did not mess with the way the car spooled and boosted. So i dont believe they are related but at the same time maybe? Im not sure.

·
Super Moderator
20,202 Posts
vacuum looks good. Do you have an intake? Sounds like MAF readings are off if it dies when put in neutral. What all can you log with whatever tool you use? HPtuners? Does it spit out a csv file? Can you do some runs and share data?

Like this. This is my GTI.

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/log-1561219747?log=0&data=1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts