SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my '07 9-3 and am dying to get into the Tech II menus. I live in LA and Saabs are extremely rare here. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a shop for me to visit that will let me change options in my Tech II menus. Please let me know! thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Saabrian,
Welcome to the community! I live in West LA and have always had amazing service from 'Saab of Santa Monica' on Santa Monica blvd and 19th. I'm not sure what they'd charge for tech II alone, but I've been asked while my car was being serviced if I wanted any tech II changes while they were in there. They give great service and are really knowlegdable about our cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alright, I actually purchased mine there and maybe because I only spoke to the salesman, but I got the feeling that they didn't know much on the technical side there. I'll give them another shot though and speak directly to the service dept.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
They're pretty good on the service side. My favorite service writer left for Saab of Sherman Oaks, but the techs are all still there and are very good. Otherwise, give Anders at Swede Car a call. He's in the South Bay, and supposedly has the proper Tech II to work on the 9-3SS cars. Not 100% sure on that, but give him a call...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Saabrian said:
Alright, I actually purchased mine there and maybe because I only spoke to the salesman, but I got the feeling that they didn't know much on the technical side there. I'll give them another shot though and speak directly to the service dept.
Sales people rarely know anything technical beyond the features listed in the brochures. Speak with the service manager, and try to make a good impression. I find that if you develop a personal understanding with the manager, you can usually get a lot of nice little things free of charge.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Malibu said:
They're pretty good on the service side. My favorite service writer left for Saab of Sherman Oaks, but the techs are all still there and are very good. Otherwise, give Anders at Swede Car a call. He's in the South Bay, and supposedly has the proper Tech II to work on the 9-3SS cars. Not 100% sure on that, but give him a call...
I'm in Sherman Oaks and take my car there...they have always been very helpful.

I've also called and emailed with Walter Wong of Right Solution, Inc. in Venice. He's and indy mechanic with lots of Saab knowledge. Never taken my car there since I'm in the valley, but he has been very helpful with my questions. - http://saabtech.net

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Walter's my guy too (he's excellent), but I'm not sure he has the right Tech II equipment for the new cars. I haven't asked though, as I've not needed it yet...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Casa de Cadillac

I, too, have taken my 3 SAABs to Sherman Oaks since 2003. Peter B was at Santa Monica Saab, and when he left I followed him to Sherman Oaks. SAAB Santa Monica went through a major transition when they were sold. I hear they are better now. But, my experience at Sherman Oaks has been outstanding. I bought all 3 of my SAABs from them, so I don't now if that helps. I work in Santa Monica, so I occasionally serviced my 2003 at SAAB Santa Monica. Loaners were always a problem. And, I always had to call to get a status report of my car. No follow-up phone calls. Never at Sherman Oaks. I find the drive over the hill worth it.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
"Los Angeles area Tech II"

I saw the thread title and thought maybe someone finally started renting out these things! Damn!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the input, I'll check up on these as soon as I can. it sucks not having any free time, my car is getting dirty already and I don't have time to wash it :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts