SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 93 vector with 192k miles in it with new water pump and timing chain and new coolant hose and reservoir and performance turbo hose. For whatever reason I keep on loosing coolant and have to add coolant almost every day because it keeps on saying low coolant. I check the Hoses and the floor not seeing anything coolant. Nor check the engine oil and not seeing the oil and the water mix. Did a block test and nothing. Any idea would be appreciate. The car is driving fine with no check engine light.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Jack it up and inspect radiator. Probably leaking at a corner.

·
Super Moderator
1,898 Posts
I have a 2003 93 vector with 192k miles in it with new water pump and timing chain and new coolant hose and reservoir and performance turbo hose. For whatever reason I keep on loosing coolant and have to add coolant almost every day because it keeps on saying low coolant. I check the Hoses and the floor not seeing anything coolant. Nor check the engine oil and not seeing the oil and the water mix. Did a block test and nothing. Any idea would be appreciate. The car is driving fine with no check engine light.
Might be worth pressure testing the whole coolant system to check for leaks...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pressure test done

Might be worth pressure testing the whole coolant system to check for leaks...
Did a pressure test and it slowly drop a little and I am still not seeing any water leaking any where. I remove the spark plug and found cylinder two have a little bit of oil doubt that have anything to do with the coolant leak.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have had the same issue the last six months. Replaced cap twice, replaced reservoir, no visible leaks, nothing in oil or on the ground or out the rear pipes.

I don't lose as much as it sounds like you are, only about 1/4 of an inch every 3-5 days

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Look for residue where coolant goes into firewall for heater core. Might be coming out as engine moves while driving but not when idling which is why you can't see it.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Look for residue where coolant goes into firewall for heater core. Might be coming out as engine moves while driving but not when idling which is why you can't see it.
Thanks, Diggs. Will check it out.

Are you Oz, from Kansas? Know all, sees all, yet behind the curtain of SAAB Central.....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info , but the heater core hoses are new. Will put a dye in the system to see where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Probably stupid question, as I think it does, but does coolant circulate thru heater core even when heater is off and when AC is on?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine was a loose hose clamp on the recovery tank. I could smell coolant, but could not find out were it was coming from. Change recovery tank just because and found loose clamp.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Number 1 coolant leak location (the one that cant be spotted) is the cap.
Of course if u replaced the tank with after market one dont expect even a brand new oem cap to seal it, both should be oem .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts