SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my parent's 9-5 has had a sort of tinny sound whenever you closed the right rear passenger door.. and just yesterday I realized that the handle was actually loose moves about 1.5 milimeters in and out... Anyone else had this problem? Is there an easy fix DIY solution? or do i just let the dealer do it?

X

·
0 Posts
glfaholic said:
So my parent's 9-5 has had a sort of tinny sound whenever you closed the right rear passenger door.. and just yesterday I realized that the handle was actually loose moves about 1.5 milimeters in and out... Anyone else had this problem? Is there an easy fix DIY solution? or do i just let the dealer do it?
If your cars under warranty I would let the dealer sort it. If not I would be tempted to whip the door panel off and see if I couldnt tighten it myself..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as i usually reside on the 9-3ss boards.. can anyone link me to a guide to taking the door panel off?

·
Registered
158 Posts
To pull the door panal off, you got to remove the cover from the handle (pops off) then remove those two torx bolts, then there is a torx bolt behind the black cover on the chrome door handle opener, and then ther is another torx bolt facing up that is on the bottom of the panel. Then once all the screws are out start to pull the door panel off, it snaps off all around the endges, and once it comes free from the door, make sure to unplung any wires on the panel and lift it up and over the lock tap thing. Remeber, once the scews are out, the panal snaps on and off! I hope that helps! im falling asleep and it makes sense to me but i dont know about you!! Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts