SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys suggest I do for making this wiper tighter? It just flops around and does nothing, and will even blow around on the highway. I'd like to be able to use it this winter for clearing snow off the rear window.

Also, my car has no antenna. Any ideas for a cheap antenna I can pick up? It's a 97 900SE. Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Chances are, if the wiper just slips, the arm needs to be replaced as the gearing, inside the arm where it connects to the motor, is stripped. It is designed with a softer metal than the motor so that the "cheap" arm can be replaced instead of the more costly motor (gear).

As for an antenna, check ebay, they are pretty generic...

·
Registered
282 Posts
My rear wiper was similarly "floppy" at one point. The entire arm was loose at the connection to the motor.

I did not fix it myself, but I understand there is a nut or a screw that can be tightened to eliminate this problem.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
Just flip up the plastic cap at the base of the wiper arm and tighten the nut. They're known to come loose. It takes a 10mm wrench or socket.

What part of your antenna is missing? The entire motor unit, or just the mast?You can get replacement masts pretty cheaply.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just flip up the plastic cap at the base of the wiper arm and tighten the nut. They're known to come loose. It takes a 10mm wrench or socket.

What part of your antenna is missing? The entire motor unit, or just the mast?You can get replacement masts pretty cheaply.

I can't really see, but it looks like the whole thing. PS I just checked it again, after having it inspected, it looks like the mechanic just tightened it up for me. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts