SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you buy the dual bsr pipe for $400 and change how much there is it? it only shows both pipes coming out the back of 9-3ss aero? I'm wondering if there is more than one part or piece to the muffler that is needed? I would also love to see any photos anyone might have of there vector/aero's debadged I'm thinking of making my own mesh grill with some gutter guard which is exactly the same as the saab mesh being sold. I can't decide if I should leave the badge on or take it off I'm not sure what it looks like off. My car seems to pull a little when breaking but it doesn't favor either side I'm thinking its just the new tires and unlevel roads has anyone else had this happen? I know too many questions thanks so much though for any response you might have.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Glad you found us..

Seems we have the same car.. I took the 93 and 2.0t badges off the back but would never remove the round Saab gadges front and back. Doesn't your exhaust have twin pipes pointed down hidden by the rear "skirt". If that is the cas buy the "decor kit" for 40 USD (it's a Saab part and if you do a search you'll find all the info) have you pipes sawn off before they bend down and fit a couple of stainless tips, but they will have to be almost 10" long... Save yourself 300 USD. For the front mesh, that's your call but I like my car the way she is.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2003 vector basically the same as the aero I would however have to cut a second whole in the other side of the rear skirt. I would definitely make a mesh grill before buying special mesh for god knows how much it would be nice if the BSR mesh kit was available in the US :roll:

·
Registered
895 Posts
i made a mesh grill last summer. first off, id say im pretty DIY savy... it must have took me aobut 6 trys before i got the side inserts "level". and once i did, i didnt really like it. i tryed silver and black mesh as well. you can dabble with it, but dont be suprised if you waste a LOT of time.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been thinking that myself but then I see this picture of the 93 sc all decked out with a mesh grille and that in europe one is sold for the 93ss. The 93sc photo with the mesh grille is hot here check it out I like how the outside holes have the mesh going in a different direction. I to have wondered to go black or silver my car is all ready sivler and I'm not much for the whole bling thing. Here we go I just found a photo of my exact car with a grille chech it out this is different from the one I saw before.

http://www.allapprovedcars.com/Used-Saab-9-3-2.0-Aero-Saloon-4dr-Car-London--crpId500684915-CarDetails.aspx

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These concenience packages need to come to the US soon I like that they are saab approved and don't mess with the warranty. I think I like the mesh grille look :cheesy: but I would rather put the dual bsr exhuast on then then the stainless steel approach.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Im not sure if i dig that grill. seems like the mesh is too "tight knit". theres was a bunch of pics of a red SS that has a mesh grill that looked SMOKIN'! dont remember where i found the pics tho. im sure someone here knows what im tlaking about and can show you a pic. one thing to keep in mind before you do attempt this. once you take the grill inserts out, they seem a little "loose" fit when you put them back in. nothing to worry about, but not quite factory thight.

·
Registered
591 Posts
vectorX said:
I would also love to see any photos anyone might have of there vector/aero's debadged I'm thinking of making my own mesh grill with some gutter guard which is exactly the same as the saab mesh being sold. I can't decide if I should leave the badge on or take it off I'm not sure what it looks like off.
hth:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the photo's but I was hoping to see the front of the car, no worries though that's a nice ride I like the rims. Your right the mesh does look a little tight I do like it though. When I took my audi grille out I used that foam weather stripping stuff you use in the winter time to keep the the cold air out from around your windows and doors to keep the grille nice an tight it worked liike a charm and stopped any rattles. Holly run on sentence lol. I would love to see photo's of aftermarket rims from anyone to, but really I'm interested in debadgeing and the mesh grille. Man this is suck a luxury problem isn't? Decided how to modify my car things could be so much worse.

To all who have responded and keep responding thanks so much I appreciate it

Ross

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I look at it I like the back without the badges to I guess I should be more clear. I wouldn't take the badges of the front hood or the trunck, at least not the round ones anyway, I'm wondering what a mesh grille without the saab logo put back in would look like? pr perhaps a black grille with in in etc etc basically any mods people have done. I have a silver aero/vector that so far has only had chrome saab tires valve caps and blue brake calipers to match the saab badge on the rims changed. I'm going to have this car for a while so I would like to have fun with it its not a lease I don't hav e to turn it in. Its hard enough to get me to drive any car for more than a year or so but I really love this car and enjoy spending my time and money on it yeah I'm definitely single lol, I have searched the galleries but some of the rims and mods I'm thinking about are't shown in any of the photos.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Solid, what parts of town do you hang out it? :cheesy:

Sorry, I actually am a fan of these pics, the gem in the rough kind of look.

vectorX, if you want to see wheels, I mean lots of wheels, do a search for "wheel" and "wheels". You'll get many hits to browse through.
There is also a section in the FAQ about debadging, check it out.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Viscouse said:
Solid, what parts of town do you hang out it? :cheesy:

Sorry, I actually am a fan of these pics, the gem in the rough kind of look.
:lol:he,he. this picture was actually taken at the old US Naval Air Station, Alameda Point, CA. Porsche of NA had the place rented for their Autocross and I just happened to go there to bed-in my rear brakes. I figure it's an empty big lot where I can go 55-60mph and hit the brakes. Dealer replaced the rear pads due to squeal when reversing. Now it squeal's when stopping forward at or below 5mph!:evil: I would've settled for the previous problem instead of this. Anyway long story short, squeal is still there and scheduled to take back to the dealer next week...see what happens.

here's one picture from the Autocross pit area:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts