SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, new to the forums. i'm looking to take advantage of the employee discount and pick out a saab this week to get. going to trade in my jeep (can't afford the gas anymore) and get a 9-3... i was looking to get the arc over the linear. any suggestions on whether or not it is in fact worth the extra 4k or so? also, any suggestions on what features/packages to get, along with standard/automatic? thank you for your help. i appreciate it.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
These are all personal decisions. There are people on both sides of the fence.

There is an "automatic versus manual" thread here with many posts. I like the manual but I don't laugh at anyone with an automatic. I used to have a SAAB automatic. In fact, I drive more economically with a manual because I shift up early versus gun the engine with an automatic.

As far as options, I don't like a sunroof. Just another source of a water leak. Some love it, though.

Some say the Arc's 210 hp is mostly good for faster top speed but that 0-60 is hardly faster than the Linear. That's up to you. I like the Linear's manual AC because an ACC can't read my mind as well as my hand/arm can. The Arc has optional bi-xenon lights though a smart guy in Singapore posted how to retrofit a car that doesn't have it. At least one poster didn't like the black lower trim on the Linear. If so, count it as a strike against the Linear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how often do saab sunroofs leak? i've never seen that problem before in other cars.

i'm leaning towards getting standard. partially a money issue, dont want to pay the 2k for the automatic really.

the touring package in the arc or whatever it's called seems like a better deal than the premium package in the linear though.

i'm going to go tomorrow to test drive, just wondering if anybody had any suggestions based on their experiences.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
jambrosio said:
how often do saab sunroofs leak? i've never seen that problem before in other cars. .
It's rare in all cars. Another problem is that rarely the sunroof doesn't close so many cars have a secret hand crank somewhere. If you will use a sunroof, get it. If you don't use it, you don't need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts