SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just joined the forum as I am looking into buying a used domestic SUV and considering 9-7 seriously. With the current situation for Saab going out of business, the lower priced sister models TB and Envoy, I still am leaning towards the 9-7 based on its looks and the better ride quality and cabin features. I have the following questions

1- Is it worth spending the extra 2K (approx) for the looks and the ride quality specially since there could potentially be repair issues later on?

2- Regardless of the gas mileage is the V8 an better option compare to the I6

3- Is there any particular negotiating point when dealing with a Saab dealer for a used 06-08 model

Any feedback in this regard will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Still can't believe that some people still believe that Saab is going out of business.. :confused:. On another note, while I do not own a 9-7x, I have heard plenty of people say to just go with the 5.3L V8 since it gets about the same amount of gas mileage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The gas mileage difference in negligible, but the increase in torque between the I6 and the V8 is significant. Go with the V8, for sure!

Just bought mine 3 months ago and love it!

·
Registered
699 Posts
V8, the Inline 6 version is a disappointment.

I had a I6 model when my V8 was in for the gas gauge problem, and I actually got worse mpg with the I6, really under powered.

Tranny problems with V8, make sure you get a warranty on it. Mine went out at 38K, some others have reported same issue.

·
Banned
250 Posts
Still can't believe that some people still believe that Saab is going out of business.. :confused:. On another note, while I do not own a 9-7x, I have heard plenty of people say to just go with the 5.3L V8 since it gets about the same amount of gas mileage.
Yeah I know. They hear something about it a month ago and still assume its happening! :lol:

There was more talk about Spyker saving them than there was about them ENDING! Ha Ha.

·
Registered
67 Posts
highly recomend the V8 it is great for power and towing. Make sure you get an extended warranty because of tranny issues. also, the service from dealers is outstanding.

Eon

·
Registered
11 Posts
looking to buy 9-7

even if they were going out of business, which they r not....
got for the v8, way better option..
have had mine for 1 month now. got rid of the crap dunlops, and put new toyo's on, holy ****, like driving a new machine. handles so much beeter than i could have imagined. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
and the winner is...

ok, u win. the v8 is the only option if you can find a 6.0 Aero. u got any pics. we didn't get those in canada, at least i dont think we did...and i know we didn't get a 9-7 aero on the island. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts