SaabCentral Forums banner

Looking to buy 2004 9-3 Aero 6spd any major issues??

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  fsugatorbait 
#1 ·
Looking to buy 2004 9-3 Aero 6spd any major issues ? I didn't see many recalls or any thing like that.

#5 ·
I just picked up the same car a couple weeks ago and have to agree with the notchy shifting going into 2nd and 3rd no matter how warm the car is. You really have to baby this thing to keep it from grinding. Other than that it's a great car, just sucks horribly in the snow with I'm assuming the stock tires.

#7 ·
My 6spd seemed to have gotten better over the years. During the first two years of ownership, this one time it was ridiculously cold outside, and as I was moving I tried shifting into second, and it would'nt shift in.

By the time I tried putting it back into first (also didn't go in) and back to second, I completely lost my speed, and stopped in the middle of the road :lol: Now on my 4th year and the problem seemed to have faded noticeably.

#8 ·
Vector-SS said:
My 6spd seemed to have gotten better over the years. During the first two years of ownership, this one time it was ridiculously cold outside, and as I was moving I tried shifting into second, and it would'nt shift in.

By the time I tried putting it back into first (also didn't go in) and back to second, I completely lost my speed, and stopped in the middle of the road :lol: Now on my 4th year and the problem seemed to have faded noticeably.
Any idea about mileage when it started to loosen up? My last manual was an evo which had a pretty notchy gear box so I'm accustomed to rowing through the gears when I'm stopped to lube up the synchros, but that was one of the reasons I decided to get rid of the car. I really hope this problem resolves itself with age as I love everything else about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.