SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know the size of the inlet for the turbo? Looking to grab a kit off ebay so I can strap it around the opening.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Use the hose right after the MAF to introduce smoke or pressure, it should sustain up to 1bar (15psi) easily.
What make u think u have a boost leak ?
Do u have a tech2 ?

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's really sluggish from a dead stop. I have a Tech 2 but I'm tuned. I dunno where my values are supposed to be at. It started behaving like this a while back and since then I've replacing the intercooler, fans, fan relay, MAF, BCV, throttle body, some hoses (Not all), most vaccuum lines. You name it. I think you responded to an issue I had before. The issue I have now is I don't have a garage so I can't spend all day experimenting. I just wanna order a kit and test it.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
We can quickly confirm if u have a boost leak or not using the Tech2, and if u have one then why not to do the boost leak test to find it if any, rather than spending the money on a device that u may or may not need.
How about that ?
From the Tech2 go the engine, miscellaneous, fuel/air deviation.. read the help menu to understand the idea.
But basically, with the fuel/air deviation values displayed, accelerate using the 3rd gear from the lowest RPM pissible to max RPM, ur AIR deviation should be between -+5% .. if it is greater than +5% then yes u have boost leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts