SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also must not be black or silver.

Preferably low miles and located on west coast.

I know what I'm looking for is extremely rare but I also know they're out there. Saw one for sale in Portland a few years ago but I had just bought another car a month earlier so I wasn't in a position to buy.

·
Super Moderator
9,271 Posts
Also must not be black or silver.

Preferably low miles and located on west coast.

I know what I'm looking for is extremely rare but I also know they're out there. Saw one for sale in Portland a few years ago but I had just bought another car a month earlier so I wasn't in a position to buy.
2.0T or 2.8T?

In 2008, all XWD SportCombis with the 6MT were either Aeros or TurboX (both 2.8T). TurboX isn't really an option since they're all Jet Black.

For 2009, you could get a XWD SportCombi with the 6MT in 2.0T or 2.8T (Aero).

For 2010 and 2011, your only option would be a 9-3X (2.0T only), which is really the same thing with a slightly higher ride height and plastic cladding.

Hope that helps you in your search. Somewhat of a unicorn, yes, since there were only about 200 produced for 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 combined. You'll find it! Check cars.com, searchtempest for nationwide craigslist search, saabnet.com classifieds - those will be your best bets. Wanted ads are usually waste of time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.0T would be much preferable and without the cladding. Looks like that limits my choices to 2009 🙂

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to this site: https://www.esaabparts.com/saab/production/data/9-3_2003_2011.php

There is one red and one blue car in all of US that matches all the boxes (2.0T, AWD, 5D, 6MT, non black-grey-silver). 😄 if you are one of the two people owning those cars let me know 😄

There are aso 7 red, 4 white and 3 blue ones if I include the 9-3X. If the cladding is removable that would work too.

So in the best case scenario 16 cars in all of US 😮

·
Registered
12 Posts
tcheb - If you are still looking, I am selling mine. A few stats:

• 2.0 XWD Combi 6 spee
    d manual
  • I have owned the car since new
  • No accidents save for a scuffed rear bumper cover
  • ~85,000 miles
  • Oil changed according to service interval system
  • All driveline fluids (transmission, transfer case, rear diff, rear clutch) changed at 50k
  • New nivomats at 50k
  • New front struts, mounts and bearings last week
  • New rotors and pads last month
  • No body rust at all, but subframe and other ancillary bits are not great
  • Seat lower cushion side bolsters are torn (they are vinyl, seating surfaces are leather)
  • Power steering line repaired using industrial hydraulic hose rather than replacing the whole line. Work fine
  • ECU modded by JZWtune
  • Car is in Massachusetts, just outside of Boston
  • Was planning to list in local craigslist this weekend

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds very interesting. You're at the other end of the country but for the right car I'd travel.

What is the year and color?

Any pictures?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for leaving that out. It's a 2009, Titan grey. I was planning on taking a slew of pics this weekend. In the meantime, I have attached a not-great one.

FWIW, I am originally from Seattle and can tell you that the condition of cars that have been driven through 9 New England winters would be a disappointment for someone who is not familiar with it. As I mentioned, the body has zero rot or rust, but all of the bits like anti-roll bars, sub-frame, hardware, etc have some level of corrosion. I will make sure the pics show that

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know... We're spoiled here on the west coast... My 33 year old BMW is clean like it just came out of the factory.

While your car checks almost all the right boxes, the color is not what I'm looking for. I don't want silver, grey or black.

Thanks though and good luck with your sale!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts