SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any and all help is appreciated! I had a scare today, after the flakey gas gauge threw me off (told me I had a quarter tank, when I had NOTHING!) Ran out of gas, had to walk two miles to buy a 2 gal can, fill it and sit and wait and hope that was the problem. 115k on the car and I need to do some TLC work. Starting with a fresh new fuel filter. I love to rip and tear but haven't seem to have found it yet!??

·
Registered
258 Posts
The fuel filter on all 9-3SS models is an internal filter strainer/sock. It can't be replaced without removing the fuel tank and pump therefore it is considered a non serviceable part.

The reasoning you may have a fuel gauge error is due to a faulty fuel sending unit which is highly common on the 9-3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Filter/Sending Unit/Fuel Pump

Thanks Chef, I guess my next question would be where is the fuel sending unit? In the tank as well?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Yes it is... it's on the Pump assembly; the sender part is about 85 dollars. There's about 2 or 2 1/2 hours Labor involved by a competent shop if the tank is pretty empty (less drain and refill time).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks JonV....

I love to do all my own work, of course I like to have as much info before doing anything before hand as I can get though.

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts