SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I found this site, and I'm hoping I can find someone with a solution to my problem.

I am building a 1948 Chevy custom street rod. I recently bought all the seats from an 04 9-3 convertible. They are memory seats. I got the wiring diagrams from my local Saab dealer, and I'm trying to figure out how I can make them work with the memory. I found out I need the I-bus signal, but I ahve not determined how I can duplicate that. First I thought I could use the control module from the steering column, but I guess it is more complicated than that.

I guess the control module in the column sends a signal on the I-bus when the key is turned on or if the door is open. That is required in order for the seats to work. Does anybody know how I can bypass this signal?

I know I can make the pwoer stuff work on the seats by hacking into the wiring and bypassing the seat control module, but first I would like to try making them work the way the were meant to. These seats are by far the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in.

Thanks,

Walt

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
I will try to find this in the WIS.

I'm not sure about the CIM. I think the window switch module (driver's door) may be involved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Any information will be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about just sending a 12v low-amp signal and see what happens, but I don't want to damage the seat module.

Walt

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Nickshu. This info seems to confirm what I was thinking. I need to somehow supply the Comfort Enable signal. That's my goal for the day. I need to find out what that signal is. I know that some GM cars simply supply a low-amperage 12V current for that sort of thing. My local service manager tells me that the I-bus signal in the SAAB is an 8-bit signal of some type.

Walt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts