SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I have been looking for a way to print the dome light lense for older cars - I need one, and whatever I learn from that I could learn to print one for my XR4Ti. I haven't had great success with transparent filament, so my next approach is going to be trying to print a bracket that can use a transparent "window" cut from stock, or an adapter that could use a lens from another car.

I got my 3D printer imagining all the car stuff I could do with it, but so far it hasn't done all that much good. I did print a pair of "compound" hub adapters that center both a too-big brake rotor and too-big wheel that works excellently. That solution save a pile of cash!
I didn't read this close enough the first time around. Do you have a picture of the adapter? I'd love to see it.

Have you considered printing a new bezel that could hold either a flat plastic disc or the dome lense from another car that is close to the Saab part? I'd be willing to tackle the design if you can supply an original dome light assembly. I'd send it back to you after I capture the critical dimensions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For those of you that have 3D printed parts from me, how are they holding up?
The steering column bushing is working fine. I have not had the chance to drive it much since I replaced the bushing due to mission creep in the rear light repair. I have the rear bumper, lights and rear panel off to address some surface rust and a bad repaint of the bumper. I'll let you know how it holds up when I can put a few miles on the car.

Thank you again for the bushing.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts