SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the pinout of the EHU-end of the AUX cable, if anyone has it.
This thread:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21460&highlight=pinout
has a lot of info, but the audio references in it appear to be for the phone integration rather than the AUX pins.

I know the pinout of the TRS connector for the console end, just need the pin ID for the back of the EHU.

TIA

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, thanks very much, JWL. :cool:

I did a search, but that thread did not show for some reason. Anyway, I found the pic of the pinout, and another post stating:
pin 3=red=left
pin 4=green=right
pin 10=black=ground

Glad I didn't wing it... I'd have assumed red was right, black left, and green ground... not that I have a harness yet. I've got the connectors already, just wanted to wire it up. Aux is already enabled in Tech2.

I'm planning on either an aux jack on the back of the cell phone mounting pad, with a clip for my Zen Micro on the front, or maybe a Zen holder to fit the (dumb) smart-slot holder is in order instead, with the jack installed in the base of the slot, and a power outlet in there as well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made up the cable last night, and just did a test fitting. All works great, including L/R channel orientation.

Made mine with some Canare Star-Quad shileded microphone cable I had on hand, and some 0.1" molex plug housings/contacts. Very quiet, even without grounding the shield. I suppose it's there if I need it. Cat5 cable would probably work as well. Added some adhesive-lined heatshrink to each end to insulate the jack contacts and make the plug termination sturdier.

Now on to mounting decisions.:roll: I was leaning toward the smartslot, but the Zen also fits right inside the smartslot very well, so I'm as inclined to reserve that for storing it while not in use, or while parked (out of sight). The cover could easily be modded to slide in and out snugly, without dealing with the little clip catches. So the possibility of mounting a button on the cellphone mounting pad that will catch the Zen holder's rear slot might be better. I hate the cellphone mount "wart" though. Decisions... grrrr.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts