SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I look for in an exhaust? I'd like new down pipe, high flow cat, and full exhaust with dual tip out the back (like the aero)

Any thing specifically I should look for? Also how much wil something like this cost?

Thank you -mike

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
There are a few options out there, and as far as cost you can spend between these two amounts for what you've listed there: quite a bit and a ridiculous amount.

Basically for the downpipe, you would like a high flow cat, so, you could buy the OBX downpipe and a high flow cat seperately, that will be ~$299 for the DP and ~$60-100 for the cat and getting it welded on (that's not including the installation of all this). The GS downpipe includes a high flow cat, that's around $425. YOu could also get the JT downpipe, for this I'd recommend getting the entire exhaust because the downpipe alone is pricey, but the entire exhaust is only $726. THere's a twin pipe setup for $737 but that doesn't include the downpipe.

THose are just a few options, obviously there's the custom route, but those prices vary a lot. Don't forget, to get the twinpipes out the back you'll need either two decor kits, a steady dremel hand, or the aero rear skirt. For my 06, I purchased the BSR catback used/new in box for 400, 425 for the GS DP, and did all the work myslef as far as installation and cutting th rear bumper. So I was still in it for $825~.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Keep in mind too, if you aren't tuned for a high flow cat you might also get a CEL (check engine light). You can usually avoid this in two ways: 1) get tuned (most tuners would set you at stage 3) or 2) get an angled defouler from a place like bigdaddiesgarage.com which sets the o2 sensor back from the exhaust flow tricking it into thinking that the exhaust gas is more heavily filtered.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is what i plan for in this order:

Exhaust
BSR intake
TUNE (with incometax check)

i do plan for a tune, but i need inspection in january and wont have the tune untill febuary/march........

·
Registered
867 Posts
There are a few options out there, and as far as cost you can spend between these two amounts for what you've listed there: quite a bit and a ridiculous amount.
Awesome! But very true!

Well...I'd rather attempt to let you know what I'm doing rather than try to stuff advice your direction...so here goes:

1) Genuine Saab 3" Down Pipe (work of art w CAT built in...see their web site) $425 (b4 shipping)
2) Delete OEM Resonator ($25.00)
3) Replace OEM Resonator with 2.5" SS pipe ($50.00)
4) Modify OEM muffler to accept 2.5" SS tips (which requires some bumper trimming on '08+). (weld/solder up 1-4 $50) (SS tips via Amazon $25 shipped)

So all that for < $600, not inexpensive...not too bad.

#4 is done (except soldering tips and lil extensions to muffer)...will do 1-3 before winter (was going to get that done this month but sold home and moving so...yeah fun!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts