SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Answer to half of your request......

Made by Hirsch for SAAB, so it should be available from "State Of Nine" here in the US. Based on the price posted on the UK-Hirsch site where I grabbed the photo, I would guestimate the cost at $500+. Edit: Just found this item with USD pricing, $754.

As I said, I was able to satisfy half of your request. ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love that rear gate photo !
You guys must drive through some serious blizzards, it's amazing how much snow collects on the rear gate.
We haven't gotten that much snow all winter; well maybe but since November we've gotten ~24"-25" total. We should have had more than 48" by now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I doubt there is anyway to keep it clean back there. Especially with a wagon profile, there is going to be a considerable eddy rotating around a transverse horizontal axis behind the car.

How about mudflaps?

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
I bought a bridge spoiler like Wulf's off of ebay new for around 130 total. It was a seller in poland that offered them. I haven't got it painted yet but it looks exactly like the OEM version. But like Wulf said it doesn't really keep the back of the glass clean. The Hirsch was my first thought but I am not going to pay that much for one.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I drive down some gravel/dirt roads around here and it just sucks up the dirt as well as snow.

Thanks for the picture and part but that's a little more than I want to pay...
I understand completely. My wife's 9-3SC has the same problem, eddy current behind the car keeps the rear glass dirty all the time, and the cost of the Hirsch aftermarket spoiler is almost $1000. :eek:

Keep watching eBay.UK Someone there may be parting out a 9-5 Estate that was equipped with one of the Hirsch spoilers.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand completely. My wife's 9-3SC has the same problem, eddy current behind the car keeps the rear glass dirty all the time, and the cost of the Hirsch aftermarket spoiler is almost $1000. :eek:

Keep watching eBay.UK Someone there may be parting out a 9-5 Estate that was equipped with one of the Hirsch spoilers.
Worse comes to worse I have some 2X12 laying around I could carve and just clamp on the rails...:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts