SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im In Need Of a new switch, the ones that look like this but only for 2 door with roof

the best price i have found is 200, anyone know where i can get one cheaper? in new to saabs and have determined my switch is bad. i cleaned all the contacts as in the DIT guides online, and the problem is moving from door to door to roof. i had one window bad, i took switch apart to clean, now only roof works, i have take int apart several times and cleaned, and the problem is jumping around to diff windows and roof. Just looking to replace switch now.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
637 Posts
. thw window switches ARE problematic..
What wears is the tiny grey plastic spring pins in the switch. The ends round OR melt down a bit and from then on in operation is irregular at best.. gotta put in healthy/unworn ones for any kind of a Fix.
Try and cannibalise your existing swiches untill you have 'repaired' all you can.. Then head for a wreckers for replacements. Note that the Door moounted window switches are useable in their entirety or as a parts (grey pin ) supply. Also saab 9000 ones are useable. Buying new ones is just too much cost.

·
4,637 Posts
I can't remember if there are any solder joints in those switch packs. If so, take a soldering iron and some cored solder and resolder the joints. These can dry out with age and do cause trouble with central locking. I suppose window problems could be caused similarly...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anything special i should clean the contacts with, i was just using rubbing alcohol, but the contact now appear clean, so i dont know. im scouring those links for replacement options. if anyone actually SEES a good deal, i would much appreciate the heads up, best i now see on those sites is 165.

Thanks to all who took a minute to share your knowledge...much appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there an easier way to check operation of switch without trying it in car, opening it and switching around contacts, then re assembling and retrying in car? can i try it in the car with the top off?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
No, you can't test the switch pack without power since the relays are inside. However, you can test just the switch/relay output with a multimeter with it hooked to the power feed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I found one at ebay for USD 20.00 a couple of years ago. Search for "SAAB window switch". I guess it will be no problem using a four door switch or even one from a 9000. Just be aware that you need one from model year -91 or newer as the older ones have separate switches.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So would essentially ANY of the "window switch pack" in the same style i currently have work, even if its for a 4 door or other? as long as it has the sunroof button and two front windows, it will work...provided the switch is ok? these are what i found on ebay, i just want to be sure any type will work if i contact a seller for one.

http://search.ebay.com/saab-window-switch_W0QQfromZR40QQsojsZ1

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Yes, I believe that this is true -- check the size to ensure that it will fit the opening on the c900.

I would suggest that you request a picture of the bottom to see if it looks like yours.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was able to get the one knuser suggested for 40 shipped. nice deal. seller said it was tested and tested out as working. thanks again all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts