SaabCentral Forums banner

Looking for a 900 Turbo! (again)

Tags
wtb
3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  godwinaustin 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for another 900 Turbo 2 door, ideally a sixteen valve, with a manual transmission. Beat up is ok, but no rust. Anywhere in the US is good. Thanks. ;ol;

#2 ·
1996 900 SE Turbo

I might have the precise Saab that you are looking for. It ran great until the other evening when the pulleys froze up causing the belt to shred. The repair is way beyond my capabilities and it is time for me to find it a new home. It has no rust and is in good condition. AC, heater, seat belts, brakes all work very well. It has the original radio that is shot. The gas tank and fuel pump have been replaced a few thousand miles back. About 3 thousand miles back the water pump was replaced. It currently has 186,000 miles. The only thing that might not work for you is that it has an automatic transmission.

Attachments

#7 ·
I have an 89 turbo 900 3 door manual trans mission 3 valve. Its not in running condition, fuel tank is removed. I also have a Louvre for the rear window, SPG apc and some other performance parts included. car has not run in several years, but has no rust. odometer stopped working at 32k the car is in Fort mill, SC. it pains me to part with it, but my new shop does not want it here and i dont have time for it.

#8 ·
1995 900SE Turbo conv 5Spd manual

Has a newer top than original, runs strong, turbo is good.
Viking wheels, CD changer. New paint in original Scarab Green about 3yrs ago.

270K so it's a bit tired and needs TLC. Oil changes EVERY 2500 mls. All of the important stuff is good, just lot's of little issues.

I love it, but I have too many cars and I don't want to put anymore into this.

#10 ·
I have one plus an extra 900s for spare parts

I have a very nice 90 900 turbo 5 spd. Have an extra 87 900s that comes along with it.

The is a runner and driver. And it’s very fast. Gearbox pops out of 3rd gear under load, so it needs some work there. Not sure what. New detent spring perhaps. It’s fine if you just keep your hand on the shifter while it’s in third gear. Last clocked with the speedo pegged at 125mph. Solid car. Red. Headliner is currently out. As I was tired of the sagging original headliner. I had purchased some new headliner material from JoAnn fabrics and was set to replace. But haven’t got around to it. Have too many other projects. The 900s is parts only with no title. I bought it because the price was right and I needed a red hood. So it’s also red. It does run, and will drive in reverse only. It’s an automatic.

#11 ·
91 turbo apc 5-speed white convertible in baltimore md

Hey, i have a good one, 155k miles. It ran when I bought it like a few months ago. It had to be push started. The brakes were bad he said it needed that boost bottle. There is a big crack in the windshield. The back glass needs to be replaced. The wiring and center console are there but it needs a new key. It's got a little rust under but not bad. can send pics if you message me.

#12 ·
Hey, I'm not sure if you're still looking, but my dad just recently decided to sell his 1998 Saab 900 SE. It is a four door Saab, but if you are interested, all the information is on the Ebay page. I can't link it as I just recently joined this community, but just look up 1998 Saab 900 SE and you'll find it on there.

#13 · (Edited)
First time posting, and I wish it was under better circumstances. I'm hoping my car can be of use to another Saab lover.

I have a 1998 900 SE 2 door manual, around 198,000 miles. I'm not sure if you're still looking, or if anyone else is, but I was "saabotaged" by some black ice and collided with the guardrail on the front driver's side. The headlight, signal, and bumper have damage. The radiator and intercooler were pushed 2" back near the exhaust; sadly too close to safely drive. It starts fine, but I'm concerned about the radiator. The hood is fine. The engine is fine, as is the transmission. 9-3 wheels. All this to say, it has a little more body work than I can cope with. I really don't want to send it to a salvage or sell for scraps, so I'm wondering if anyone on here has use for it. Breaks my heart, I love this car and want to see it in good hands.

I currently don't have pictures of the whole car, but I do have pictures of the damage. I'm in St Louis, and this happened on a trip in Kansas City.

Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior Headlamp
Vehicle Bumper Car Automotive exterior Auto part
Car Vehicle Full-size car Automotive lighting Headlamp

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.