SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is the worst they can say? Have your cash ready and offer them an out the door price.
You're right, of course.

I'm going to let it sit for a bit though because I don't like how they jacked the price up immediately after someone (me) expressed an interest. In the dealer's inventory of high mileage european luxury cars, this one is the odd duckling. They don't seem to be advertising it so I'll re approach them in a week or so because honestly, unless you go buy this car, the market for them is pretty small in real world terms.

I would still love to track down the last owner from Woodbridge to see if there was a problem that he sold rather than fixed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You're right, of course.

I'm going to let it sit for a bit though because I don't like how they jacked the price up immediately after someone (me) expressed an interest. In the dealer's inventory of high mileage european luxury cars, this one is the odd duckling. They don't seem to be advertising it so I'll re approach them in a week or so because honestly, unless you go buy this car, the market for them is pretty small in real world terms.

I would still love to track down the last owner from Woodbridge to see if there was a problem that he sold rather than fixed.

It has been around for at least a month or more. I do not plan on offering for this one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the honest feedback. I'm going to let that car sit for a little bit before going in with your cash in hand strategy. If I lose it to someone else in the meantime, I'll just keep looking. Not having to deal with NJ inspection immediately is worth something.

Are the sedans as much fun to drive as the wagon?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the honest feedback. I'm going to let that car sit for a little bit before going in with your cash in hand strategy. If I lose it to someone else in the meantime, I'll just keep looking. Not having to deal with NJ inspection immediately is worth something.

Are the sedans as much fun to drive as the wagon?

Yes. I like the wagons because I carry a bunch of stuff. I use it as my pick up truck.

But the sedans are just as sporty; they certainly weigh less. And they have a nice big trunk. Nothing wrong with the sedan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm out of the market for a little bit as I get my wagon sorted out first. That said, I saw a 2008 Wagon listed on Facebook in the Newark NJ area this weekend. I suspect it's the one that's at that dealer, Rallye Motors and it was listed at $2500. I'm not a Facebook person so I can't send you a link but it was in the marketplace listings and I believe it had 116,000.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm out of the market for a little bit as I get my wagon sorted out first. That said, I saw a 2008 Wagon listed on Facebook in the Newark NJ area this weekend. I suspect it's the one that's at that dealer, Rallye Motors and it was listed at $2500. I'm not a Facebook person so I can't send you a link but it was in the marketplace listings and I believe it had 116,000.

You know the saying, the early bird gets the worm. I waited too long on both the silver and green one. Now it seems as though the market is dry as a desert.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check this one out on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/399961433978835/?ref=browse_tab

I think all of the links I've attached or for the same car. This link below from Oscar Motors looks like they took it in as a trade, ended up selling it to a wholesaler and now it's ended up on a lot outside of Newark NJ

http://oscarmotorcars.com/saab-listings/359372-2006-saab-9-5-sportcombi-wagon-beautiful-low-mileage-garaged-records.html

2006-Saab-9-5-aab-9-5-23T-SPORTCOMBI-WAGON-NO_371881343431.html
https://www.rallyemotorsinc.com/details/used-2006-saab-9-5/49240975

The Oscar Motors listing suggests that it had the right type of ownership to begin with although it's been flipped a bit in the last year.

THIS SAAB HAS BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF AND IS LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME. I AM A SAAB PURIST, SAAB CLUB MEMBER AND HAVE OWNED SAABS SINCE 1985. CURRENTLY I OWN SEVEN. HOWEVER, THIS ONE IS NOW AVAILABLE SINCE I JUST PURCHASED A 2000 AERO WAGON AND JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH GARAGE SPACE TO GO AROUND. THIS SAAB HAS A CLEAN HISTORY WITHOUT ANY ACCIDENTS. COMES WITH ALL BOOKS, SERVICE RECORDS, TWO KEYS, SAAB WINTER MATS AND CARGO AREA FACTORY MAT.

DURING MY OWNERSHIP I HAVE SERVICED AND REPLACED THE FOLLOWING AS NECESSARY WITH ALL SERVICES COMPLETED BY A SAAB AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER AND INCLUDES: NEW BATTERY, FRONT TIRES, RIGHT HAND MIRROR REPLACED (THE ANTI-GLARE FEATURE TURNED THE ORIGINAL GLASS YELLOW), EXHAUST FROM CENTER MUFFLER BACK, RECENT OIL SERVICE, IGNITION CASSETTE AND PLUGS REPLACED, VALVE COVER GASKET, BY PASS VALVE, THERMOSTAT KIT, DRIVER'S AIR BAG (RECALL), ALL WIPER BLADES FRONT AND REAR. INTERIOR IS IN PERFECT CONDITION WITHOUT ANY RUBS, SCRATCHES OR TEARS IN LEATHER UPHOLSTERY AND CARPETS ARE IN VERY NICE CONDITION. SAAB HAS BEEN DETAILED.

That Rallye Motors has been all over the map with their price on this car. It started at $3,845 went up to $5,100 the day I inquired about it and if it the same car on Facebook, is now down to $2,200.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really want to buy it but after imagining how cute she would look driving a Saab 9-5 Wagon, my wife drove mine for a couple of days and remembered exactly how big a wagon is. The notion of two Saabs wagons in every driveway, Ove style, has now fallen out of favor in my house.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I really want to buy it but after imagining how cute she would look driving a Saab 9-5 Wagon, my wife drove mine for a couple of days and remembered exactly how big a wagon is. The notion of two Saabs wagons in every driveway, Ove style, has now fallen out of favor in my house.

The wagon isn't any bigger than the sedan. And certainly much smaller than the mountainous SUV they are selling nowadays.

·
Registered
9,281 Posts
The wagon isn't any bigger than the sedan. And certainly much smaller than the mountainous SUV they are selling nowadays.
That's what I've told my wife, but she doesn't believe me. We have a 9-5 sedan and a 9-5 wagon, and the wagon is much bigger in her eyes, no matter what the specifications may say. She doesn't like driving the wagon at all.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That's what I've told my wife, but she doesn't believe me. We have a 9-5 sedan and a 9-5 wagon, and the wagon is much bigger in her eyes, no matter what the specifications may say. She doesn't like driving the wagon at all.

I don't get it. Plus the wagon has better visibility than the sedan. I think this is all a placebo type effect that they "think" it is bigger. Oh well, more wagons for me. I hope...

·
Registered
6 Posts
07 93 SportCombi 162K 6-spd 60th Anniv Ed in grey

2.0T Was going to trade this in, but would rather it go Saab enthusiast. Clean in/out, runs well. Car in Danbury CT, near NY border i84.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have another interested buyer, but $ in hand gets it. Will trade in early next week if no deal made. Text me 203.864.54 one four and I will send pics. Can see in Danbury ct This Thurs, Fri, mon only
Friday afternoon - Address please and a good time to visit.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts