Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name: Chuck

Location - additional details: PA

Means of contact: PM

Price: Any, depends on condition

Transmission Type (auto/manual): Manual first, but auto is fine

Mileage (miles/kms): The lower the better; must be in good shape, no major issues. Ventilated seats and visibility package are a plus.

Description: My 2007 Fusion blue 9-5 wagon was totaled. I am looking for another 9-5 wagon.

Pictures (embedded pics or links to external albums are mandatory):

Know that if you sell me your car, it will be taken care of VERY WELL, unless another nutball decides to crash into me again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I just bought your car

I just bought a 2005 with 131,000 miles with an automatic, sport mode, paddles on the wheel with ventilated seats in very nice condition from a guy in NJ. While I was looking I saw two other ones listed, one outside of Philadelphia and one in Brooklyn. Good luck. I can't believe the power the Aero wagon has

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought a 2005 with 131,000 miles with an automatic, sport mode, paddles on the wheel with ventilated seats in very nice condition from a guy in NJ. While I was looking I saw two other ones listed, one outside of Philadelphia and one in Brooklyn. Good luck. I can't believe the power the Aero wagon has

Is that the silver one with the damaged back bumper cover and front right light damage? If so, did you check the car fax? It looks like the back quarter panel was repainted.

My car had 157K on the clock and was fusion blue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ran the Carfax and was comfortable with the damage and the repair at the price I paid. I saw a iot of bad cars for under $4,000. And was stunned at the number of out right scammers listing car ads on Craigslist.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran the Carfax and was comfortable with the damage and the repair at the price I paid. I saw a iot of bad cars for under $4,000. And was stunned at the number of out right scammers listing car ads on Craigslist.
Excellent. It looked like a great car that would clean up nicely. I had too much going on the past two weeks to look at it.

Great year and all the right options.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Of course this is in Canada, and does not have ventilated seats. It looks to be in good condition, has about 100,000 miles, and is $5k Canadian (which is like $3500 US).

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/2008-saab-9-5-moonroof-leather-heated-seats/1434874574?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

ETA: another 2008 auto, with 90,000 miles approx:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/2008-saab-9-5-4dr-wgn-sporticombi-aero-low-kms/1438878682?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EdT,

The 2008 looks great. But it seems to be a hassle to bring a car from Canada into the US?

Lots of hoops or so it seems.

The car is definitely in driving distance.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
EdT,

The 2008 looks great. But it seems to be a hassle to bring a car from Canada into the US?

Lots of hoops or so it seems.

The car is definitely in driving distance.

You should talk to an importer. The two countries have equivalent safety standards and I believe emissions. You may have a n issue with the speedometer being only in km/h.

However, the big picture as I understand it is that the cars are basically certified for either country, with only minor tweaks needed to pass them. It's not like trying to bring in something never sold in the US (like a RHD Japanese market kei car) where in the US it has to be over 25 years old or something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do either of you know this guy? His car has ended up at a lot in Newark NJ. It has me curious to talk to him / original owners and find out if there's a problem. Car looks nice despite being a dealer. Of course me just clicking on the ad jumped the price by $1200 overnight. Ha.

2006 SAAB SPORTCOMBI WAGON
THIS SAAB HAS BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF AND IS LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME. I AM A SAAB PURIST, SAAB CLUB MEMBER AND HAVE OWNED SAABS SINCE 1985. CURRENTLY I OWN SEVEN. HOWEVER, THIS ONE IS NOW AVAILABLE SINCE I JUST PURCHASED A 2000 AERO WAGON AND JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH GARAGE SPACE TO GO AROUND.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You should talk to an importer. The two countries have equivalent safety standards and I believe emissions. You may have a n issue with the speedometer being only in km/h.

However, the big picture as I understand it is that the cars are basically certified for either country, with only minor tweaks needed to pass them. It's not like trying to bring in something never sold in the US (like a RHD Japanese market kei car) where in the US it has to be over 25 years old or something.
I like the car. I don't seen an issue since the conversion to km/h is not hard, so I am sure I would get used to it. Now the Celsius temperature, that is another matter....

If the speedo is an issue, I am sure I could get a cluster from a US car.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do either of you know this guy? His car has ended up at a lot in Newark NJ. It has me curious to talk to him / original owners and find out if there's a problem. Car looks nice despite being a dealer. Of course me just clicking on the ad jumped the price by $1200 overnight. Ha.

2006 SAAB SPORTCOMBI WAGON
THIS SAAB HAS BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF AND IS LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME. I AM A SAAB PURIST, SAAB CLUB MEMBER AND HAVE OWNED SAABS SINCE 1985. CURRENTLY I OWN SEVEN. HOWEVER, THIS ONE IS NOW AVAILABLE SINCE I JUST PURCHASED A 2000 AERO WAGON AND JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH GARAGE SPACE TO GO AROUND.
Do you have a link?

Are you still looking?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've never bought from a dealer before. How much B's and extra money on top of the $3,500 do you think it should cost me to get out the door? It's in my state, can I get a new inspection sticker and tags thrown in plus tax for all in $4,000 because I'd do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've never bought from a dealer before. How much B's and extra money on top of the $3,500 do you think it should cost me to get out the door? It's in my state, can I get a new inspection sticker and tags thrown in plus tax for all in $4,000 because I'd do that tomorrow.
What is the worst they can say? Have your cash ready and offer them an out the door price.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I like the car. I don't seen an issue since the conversion to km/h is not hard, so I am sure I would get used to it. Now the Celsius temperature, that is another matter....

If the speedo is an issue, I am sure I could get a cluster from a US car.
US cars can be imported to Canada without changing the speedometer, as the US cars had a dual MPH-km/h speedometer. I suspect that US authorities might frown on a km/h only gauge. Even if I have no problems driving in the US. (Don't go so fast that the second half of the speedo lights up in Black Panel mode and you're ok. :cool:)

Remember that the SID gives you a choice of languages and units. Changing to miles and fart-heights takes only a few simple button pushes. Or you can impress all your friends with your incredible MPG figures by selecting UK measure, which uses the Imperial gallon. :p

A couple of things about cars from Ontario or Quebec:

1. We're all in the thick of the road salt belt. That being said, you can't assume that any given car is particularly rusty or not rusty.
  2. Sun damage is relatively rare (but certainly not impossible). The Great Lakes region is one of the cloudiest in North America.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts