SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im a audi/vw enthusistast looking to get into getting a saab after driving my friends 1995 9000 turbo. I was wondering what kind of power these car can make with some simple mods like intake, chip, exhaust and turbo. Please give me any suggestions on what to do if i get this car. Also some saab performance part websites would be greatly appreaciated du to my lack of knowledge of saabs. Being a previous audi s4 owner i was supprised how much punch the 2.3t packed!

Thanks
Ryan :cheesy:

Here is a pic of the car..

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
i had a 1993 aero....it was good when it wasnt broke...the only thing that i would say to learn about first would be the tcs system before you would purchase a 9000 with tcs....

and if u get that one...lose the rims quick....;)

in terms of being quick....my 1995 aero...has a turboback exhaust...race cat....intake and poly mounts.....its pretty quick but nothin compared to some of the people on here.....talk to loobis....hes gota 1995 with stage 4.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you are a good negotiator, have a look at Saabnet.com, 9000 classifieds. You'll see this:

1993 Saab 9000 Aero (Posted 10/29/2007)Color: Eucalyptus Green Trans: Manual Mileage: 18,900 Price: $17,900
COLLECTORS AUTO - 100% Perfect (better than showroom condition) Not a single scratch or dent of any kind. The exterior and interior are in brand new condition. This car has been heated garage kept and has never seen rain or snow. Strictly a Sunday, sunny weather, summer car. I purchased this car new on 8/18/93 for $38,695.00 If you want essentially a brand new 9000 Aero at a fraction of the cost this is the car for you. This was, without a doubt, the first and best year for the 9000 Aero!! SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Intake, chip and exhaust = 285bhp

Intake, chip and exhaust, Intercooler, Injectors = 310bhp

Intake, chip exhaust, clutch,Intercooler, injectors, modified turbo TD0418T or similar = 340bhp odd

After that it's a fuel pump and bigger turbos all the way to 450-500bhp.

Dont forget to sort brakes and suspension or you'll be in the first hedge...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had so much trouble trying to get power from my 93. unless thats the end of the year and somehow doesn't have the t5.2 ecu i would go for a 94 and up T5 car.

·
Registered
414 Posts
93CSE said:
I had so much trouble trying to get power from my 93. unless thats the end of the year and somehow doesn't have the t5.2 ecu i would go for a 94 and up T5 car.
SQR and JAK stoll i know do infact do 1993 ecu tuning.....JAK stoll stage 3 ecu on craigslist right now for 50 bucks.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea it's not much more than the stock boost pressure. That's my ecu for sale on craigslist. Jak said if i had a 94 and up T5 he could get me 25 psi but he can't do much for the 93. It was a little better than my stock aero ecu though.
-Dave

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Minibaka21090 said:
Hi im a audi/vw enthusistast looking to get into getting a saab after driving my friends 1995 9000 turbo. I was wondering what kind of power these car can make with some simple mods like intake, chip, exhaust and turbo. Please give me any suggestions on what to do if i get this car. Also some saab performance part websites would be greatly appreaciated du to my lack of knowledge of saabs. Being a previous audi s4 owner i was supprised how much punch the 2.3t packed!

Thanks
Ryan :cheesy:

Here is a pic of the car..
Hey,

I was a vw enthusiast for a while , I had a 1992 Vr6 Corrado. The 9000 is a great car, and i can say its a great replacement for the corrado, im sure you know all about corrados. There is a lot you can do with the 9000 engine, like they have already said, you can spend about 1200 dollars, and get the car around 270 hp, with the full 3 inch exhaust, intake , and an ecu. It was so much fun driving the corrado and i loved the respect i would get for owning one lol, but driving a 4 door sedan/hatchback boosting 15 psi is a lot of fun. The riced out civics never know what hit them ;)

Imran

·
Registered
414 Posts
93CSE said:
Yea it's not much more than the stock boost pressure. That's my ecu for sale on craigslist. Jak said if i had a 94 and up T5 he could get me 25 psi but he can't do much for the 93. It was a little better than my stock aero ecu though.
-Dave
oh okay...you got anything else for sale...aftermarket wise...? like audio or suspension?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Therealet23 said:
SQR and JAK stoll i know do infact do 1993 ecu tuning.....JAK stoll stage 3 ecu on craigslist right now for 50 bucks.....
I know the guy selling it because I bought his 3 inch exhaust. He's legit and that's a good deal.

·
Registered
414 Posts
1993s usually have so many problems...i think i would have only modded mine with exhaust, intake, mounts, and a mbc....i had all but the downpipe on my 1993 and it was still was pretty quick....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts