SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Look Here. I was thinking about buying new control arms because my ball joint boots are ripped, then I saw the prices of them, and decided I was going to use the control arms of my crashed 900 (even tho the ball joints have a 120k on them they dont seem to have any play in them). Now that I see this Kit on genuine tho I might wait go this route as it also includes the 24mm sway bar.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I just saw this too. No sway bar, but I could always get that seperatley, because i do not need new stanchion arms.

·
Registered
642 Posts
looks like a nice, kit, I wonder if it may be cheaper to buy this and have it installed rather than having a mechanic do all the bushings to your existing setup

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Toma0926 said:
That has got to be a mistake. they are selling just the control arms for nearly 450 dollars. Why would they sell a kit with those and more for 100 dollars less? Makes no sense.

Those ones also include the poly bushings ... which the other set doesn't (unless you add the extra item to include them ... and then the price goes up).

I think this is a great solution since the prices Saab charges are nuts!
I was quoted about $350 CDN per side (and that was with regular bushings).

Great idea Nick!:cool:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It is a fantastic idea! There are so many issues with the entire job, that the average DIY might choose to go this route. From splitting the ball joint connection to removing the outer bushing, etc. This is a terrific solution! Of course, it calls for a new front sway bar, which unfortunately, I believe you got to remove the subframe to install it? :) Anyone knows for certain?

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Asia Skyly said:
It is a fantastic idea! There are so many issues with the entire job, that the average DIY might choose to go this route. From splitting the ball joint connection to removing the outer bushing, etc. This is a terrific solution! Of course, it calls for a new front sway bar, which unfortunately, I believe you got to remove the subframe to install it? :) Anyone knows for certain?
Going this route probably saves two, three days of work.

I took off the subframe, then the sway bar, so I don't know if it can be removed without taking off the subframe. From the looks of it, there's little if any clearance to wiggle it free....

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I think thats the right price, and even if it isnt, thats what it says when you checkout, so thats what you pay...but yea, getting saab to do it is extremely expensive, i had my suspension done on warranty but if it was on my tab it woulda been over 600

1 - 9 of 9 Posts