SaabCentral Forums banner

Lonely vacuum line looking for a mate! (Pic included)

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Nicholbry 
#1 ·
I found a badly deteriorated vacuum line (gotta order some new line) open on one end and I can't seem to locate an obvious nipple for it to connect to. I'll try my best to describe it's location:

On top of the intake manifold there is, what Eeuroparts describes as, a "Vacuum Fitting (PCV nipple), part #55558115". This is what is pictured below.

The top vacuum line travels apprx. 8" to a "T". One hose coming off the "T" goes to the firewall and the other is hanging loosely without a home. Can someone look at theirs and tell me (or better yet, show me with a pic) where I need to connect it, please, please, please?

I appreciation your help!

Nicholas

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
"The top vacuum line travels apprx. 8" to a "T". One hose coming off the "T" goes to the firewall and the other is hanging loosely without a home. Can someone look at theirs and tell me (or better yet, show me with a pic) where I need to connect it, please, please, please?"

Ok out one end of the T goes to a sort of vacuum control module (Located just under the big connection for the ECU which is mounted on the firewall).

The second output off that T connection goes to the heater bypass control valve (Vacuum operated) which is about 5 inches directly below the top connection, on that line there's also a little check valve on that line.

I'll stick a picture up if that does not help

Attachments

#4 ·
"The top vacuum line travels apprx. 8" to a "T". One hose coming off the "T" goes to the firewall and the other is hanging loosely without a home. Can someone look at theirs and tell me (or better yet, show me with a pic) where I need to connect it, please, please, please?"

Ok out one end of the T goes to a sort of vacuum control module (Located just under the big connection for the ECU which is mounted on the firewall).

The second output off that T connection goes to the heater bypass control valve (Vacuum operated) which is about 5 inches directly below the top connection, on that line there's also a little check valve on that line.

I'll stick a picture up if that does not help
So that barrel shaped red thing is a check valve for the heater bypass control valve? I have no line connected to that red thing in my car. Only thing is I can't remember seeing any line hanging with nowhere to go.:eek:

#7 ·
Thank you SO much "dicreamio". A picture "speaks a thousand words" and yours was no exception. If I understand correctly, I'm looking down the firewall for this check valve somewhere to mate to my "lonely" vac line, right?

I went down to the dealer for some 5/32 vacuum line today. Hopefully I'll find the check valve down there so I can hook her up.

I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to include a pic.

Kindest regards,
Nicholas Bryant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.