SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I unlock my car from the drivers side it's suppose to unlock the passenger door and the hatch lock. It has recently been very iffy. Most of the time it just unlocks the drivers door. This is really annoying because some girl caught her jacket on my passenger side lock pin thing that goes up and down and she ripped it off. So I cant simply reach across and pop up the thing to let a passenger in I have to unlock their door from the outside. I'm getting a replacement part soon though. But anyways has this happened to anyone before, is there simple fix, any input would be great!
-Sam

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
could be the wire rod that knob is attached too, has jammed so will not come up full amount, Take cover off and tape a Mcdonalds straw to it so it pokes through the hole then at least the rod won't jam under the door panel.
probably need a new actuator either the one under knee roll or the one in the door, give the one in your door a wd40 spray, and also when undoing/locking give it a 'quick' movement with the key sometimes that does the job, instead of just a casual turn of key

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks, also sometimes when i shut my door after I get in the rest of the locks unlock.

·
Banned
3,949 Posts
Alright thanks, also sometimes when i shut my door after I get in the rest of the locks unlock.
your problem is most likely the lock control module behind the knee bolster on the passenger side. You need to replace or re-solder (if your handy) the one you have there now; its faulty.

To apease your lady friends, I would recommend investing a few pennies lock control system.

I KID YOU NOT,

I bought this on ebay for $1.99 from China; the shipping cost more:cheesy:.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Remote-Central-Lock-Locking-Keyless-Entry-System-/110806754325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cc98e415

It has been one of the best upgrades I have done on my 92 NA.

All I set up was the remote entry function. Automatically lock and unlock the doors. I haven't used a key in about a year or so.

Getting one for the vert as well once she's back up.

You will need a working stock control module to make it all work, so might as well get both on ebay.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being 17 I'm not too handy and electrical stuff is just not my cup of tea. I think my dad can solder if not my best friend has a whole soldering kit and I'm sure he would be willing to help me out.

Also by the right passenger bolster do you mean the area where the computer is located?

Due to all the current issues with my car I don't think I'll look into that lock control system until everything else is fixed. Maybe the summer, because that looks like a great investment.

·
Banned
3,949 Posts
Being 17 I'm not too handy and electrical stuff is just not my cup of tea..
Then I should have said, "I KID YOU NOT, NO PUN INTENDED :lol:.

17 and driving a Classic 900; I kid after my own heart;ol;. Back in 1990 I was 18 when I purchased a 86 SAAB 9000 Turbo.

Keyless entry is truly a good investment.

No worries, the door lock control module can be bought on ebay for like $30 bucks.

And yes, the door lock control module rides on the lower air duct behind the knee bolster close by the ECM.

It took me 2 years to sort out ALL the issues with my car; take your time;ol;

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's very convenient because I have detached the carpet from the side bolster because I was testing a different ECM for other issues and I'm yet to re-attach it hahaha maybe I messed something up while fiddling with the computer we will see when I take a look at it over the weekend.

And yes it's been quite the en devour getting this car to a good running condition but with the help of local mechanics, a true Saab mechanic with parts cars only a half hours drive away, the previous owner (who had his own Saab shop 15 years ago, so a little rusty on knowledge but nonetheless skilled), the Bentley and saabcentral.com I have been able to chug along. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts