SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can anyone help diagnose a problem I’m having with my 96 cse. When I lock the doors with the key they all lock, then one or two seconds later they open. The pictogram in the dash is showing the drivers door as open since this problem first occurred last week. The interior light stating a door is open is not however on.

Could any of the following two events be the cause:

i) Just days previously the battery was disconnected (for new flywheel fitting) and the doors were manually locked.

ii) more likely to be this one, after getting it back from the garage with new flywheel the locking was working fine until I had it valeted. The girl who did the job first noticed the problem when she finished the car and tried to lock it. Perhaps she wet something, it was 5 days ago however.

also, the "lock" button near the handbrake now doesn't work, perhaps this is standard behaviour if it thinks a door is open?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Colm

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
duh, me no read so good

Welcome to SC

Could be the door switch is failing and fooling the rest of the electrics into thinking the door is always open. The auto locks are designed to open if one of the doors isn't shut all the way and the button will also not work.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
the central locking system is disigned to do this so you do not lock the keys in the car, there is a switch that tell the picture gram that the door is open, this switch is in the lock mechanism not the pillar switch, this switch also tells the central locking ecu that the door is open and it is this switch that is causing the problem.

welcome to saab central :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers

thanks guys, very useful info.

This 9000cse is my first saab, have it about two months, without doubt it's the nicest car i've ever owned, a few niggle problems alright but i'd rather put up with them than suffer an ultra-reliable jap!

Next car, maybe a 9-5, aero with a bit of luck....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts