SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so just today, I left my apartment to go get some food, and when I unlocked my car, it beeped like usual. I drove to NAPA to pick up some WD-40, beeped both when unlocking and locking. Drove to get food, beeped when locking and unlocking. Then I get to my apartment and I lock the car, and no beep. So I press unlock, lights flash, and no beep. Lock again, same thing. I even set off the alarm and the lights just flash without any sound. It's like my speaker fell off... Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Lost power to the horns.
Have you checked the fuse on the horn circuit?
If fuse is good check you've got power to the block connectors on the horns.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The horns produce the chirps?! Wow I didn't know that! :eek:

But anyway, kind of weird, they work again... without any fumbling. I just came back to my car later, unlocked it, and there were those missing chirps. Bizzare. I have been having the "Service Theft Alarm" message more frequently, so that probably had something to do with it.

...Now I just have to learn how to solder... :roll:

·
Registered
93 Posts
SectorNine50 said:
Hey, so just today, I left my apartment to go get some food, and when I unlocked my car, it beeped like usual. I drove to NAPA to pick up some WD-40, beeped both when unlocking and locking. Drove to get food, beeped when locking and unlocking. Then I get to my apartment and I lock the car, and no beep. So I press unlock, lights flash, and no beep. Lock again, same thing. I even set off the alarm and the lights just flash without any sound. It's like my speaker fell off... Any ideas?
I had the same issue and i solved it by cleaning the connector from the alarmunit.

Henk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts