SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting a bit of an upgrade for the dash speakers which won`t break the bank, and are a straight swap - any recommendations or even your old ones if you`re now in mega watt zone?
Any advice welcomed, Thanks, Julian

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have a pair of Pioneer 2 ways in there now, picked em up at Best Buy and they sound ok.

i have a single Kenwood 2 way... i lost the other to a coffee

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I have polk db something or other's (4") - need a few spacers to fit them under the grilles, but they sound OK considering the crappy size restriction. I wish they were 6" door speakers instead with tweeters in the dash!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
To Saab's defense you really don't need speakers in one of these:

I agree that the placement is pretty crappy in a c900. I'm thinking about adding a 4" woofer to the bottom of each door... just to add some bottom end up front.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I think it would have more to do with the fact that the door is stiffer/ more solid and it is sealed better than the dash, which, minus all the wires and hoses and stuff, is pretty much open.

Just searched for a bit and found these.
Not quite 4", but close, and the mounting depth is less than 3 inches.

If I were doing it I'd add a small amp/crossover. No point sending frequencies that the speaker won't play.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
DanF. said:
To Saab's defense you really don't need speakers in one of these:

I agree that the placement is pretty crappy in a c900. I'm thinking about adding a 4" woofer to the bottom of each door... just to add some bottom end up front.
wow even saab planes leak oil...they only leak until the rustproofing job is complete,then they dont leak any more...on my car there is evidence that it has leaked but it doesnt now...

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
That's not oil leaking... the dark areas are exhaust. The plane has thrust reverse panels that fold behind the exhaust to slow it down.. The jet was designed to operate out of short, 500m, runways.

and I was looking at the twinsaabs.com site for inspiration in mounting door speakers... really good writeup

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Boston Acoustics S-45 for $80.
They have a decent image and a balanced sound, but most importantly (aside from the sound) there's no tweeter protrusion, so they fit in the dash grilles without shims to back it out.
These are a nice upgrade from stock by a long shot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts