SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think is more interesting is that there is no areo model listed. Under "mechanical" it lists a 2.5L H4 @175 hp but no where does it mention the areo's turbo charged engine. It would be pretty wild if the saab wrx/92x only existed for one model year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm... They show the 92x areo on page 16 or 17 when listing fuel economy so maybe it will stick around but be compleatly unchanged.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the Fuel Econmy Figures appear to be from the 2005 models, so not sure what to expect from 2006. Could be the Aero goes away..

·
Registered
30 Posts
So let's assume that the Aero goes away for 2006. If the Aero was only around for 1 year, that would indeed make it a unique car. Do you think this would be a good thing or bad thing for current owners? On one hand, it's cool to have a unique car. On the other hand, a car that is too unique can often suffer from many negatives like lower resale (if the car is unknown to the general public) and being hard to get parts (in this case it would only the Saab specific parts such as the hood, fenders, windshield, etc).

What's your take?

·
Registered
88 Posts
rjc1976 said:
So let's assume that the Aero goes away for 2006. If the Aero was only around for 1 year, that would indeed make it a unique car. Do you think this would be a good thing or bad thing for current owners? On one hand, it's cool to have a unique car. On the other hand, a car that is too unique can often suffer from many negatives like lower resale (if the car is unknown to the general public) and being hard to get parts (in this case it would only the Saab specific parts such as the hood, fenders, windshield, etc).

What's your take?
Resale will be hurt...
You can always find SOMEONE who is dying for your exact car, but in the general marketplace it will suffer.
As far as parts......I wouldnt worry too much....They usually support any model for at least 10 years, and Saab usually goes farther than that, and if you are really desparate you could change the nose to a Subaru :)

Cheers,

·
Registered
252 Posts
06 9.2x Aero

I heard that the 2006 9.2X Aero would have the 2.5 liter turbocharged engine!! That will hopefully help with the turbo lag!! also the 06's won't be out until early 2006.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Autologic said:
Hmmm... They show the 92x areo on page 16 or 17 when listing fuel economy so maybe it will stick around but be compleatly unchanged.
But for other cars that have a completely unchanged driveline, it still lists all the available engines.

Edit - it says at the top of the page (pg 17 by the way) 2005 GM MODELS, and below that it says "for the latest 2006 models, visit the EPA website".

Also notice on pg 22, it doesn't list Linear and Aero models anymore (like the page before, it seperately lists Vibe, Vibe AWD, and Vibe GT). Now it's just the 9-2x. No different trim levels.

This is ridiculous. I was waiting until 06 to get an Aero in hopes it would get the 2.5L turbo going in the WRX for 06+. Now it seems there is no Aero.

Can you imagine how uninspiring this is to consumer confidence in the Saab brand? Flub the launch, do little to solve slow sales other than throw incentive after incentive at the car, then when sales start to pick up and word starts to get around, drop the car from the line-up like a hot potato? Yeah, great strategy guys.

I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet against me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts