SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer to price out how much it would cost for the 2008 rear tail lights and while I was there I decided to get a quote for the pre-2008 aero body kit to put on my linear. The side pieces are rediculously expensive so I was considering just installing the front piece. Do you guys think it would look awkward to have the aero front piece with linear (they are body color) side skirts?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Interesting question - it would look different - not sure if I've ever seen that so it's tough to say - it probably would look awkward - you'll have a low front clip and the sides noticeably higher - save the money for a later model aero.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they hang that much lower on the sides?

I'd love to get a newer and higher end model... but I traded out of a quickly depreciating Trailblazer (I hate SUV's but needed it for towing just fyi!) and now I'm in too deep to trade my car for a while. :confused:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to two dealerships because the first one I had a feeling was quoting me outrageous prices... and it turns out I was right.

First dealership: outside lights $337 each piece. The inside piece on the truck lid were $167 a piece. complete set = $1008.

Second dealership: Outside lights $157 a piece. The inside piece on the truck lid were $85 a piece. complete set = $484

Needless to say I'll go with #2. Also will be going there for all of my service and parts. I already bought new emblem's from location #1 for $65 front and $45 rear... I feel like I was screwed on those. I also almost bought a new fob from them for $197 (without the key portion) and instead bought it at #2 for $70ish. I forget the actual price.

#1 was Concours Saab in Milwaukee... I'll just add that for some bad publicity for them. Their service and sales department is also very rude.

#2 was Metropolitan Cadillac/Saab of West Allis (Milwaukee). Everyone was very nice there and while I realize they were doing that just b/c they were trying to get me to look at the 08... it was still nice.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
coldwake81 said:
I went to the dealer to price out how much it would cost for the 2008 rear tail lights and while I was there I decided to get a quote for the pre-2008 aero body kit to put on my linear. The side pieces are rediculously expensive so I was considering just installing the front piece. Do you guys think it would look awkward to have the aero front piece with linear (they are body color) side skirts?
Have Aero front and rear skirts on my Sportcombi combined with the original Vector (UK model) side skirts, wasn't sure how it would look at first, but I don't think it's too bad.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have rear and front aero skirts on my 03 linear and stock side skirts. IMHO you need aero skirt for front and rear for a more 'balanced' look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts