SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Posted this in the lounge... redirected here by a member).

When I post (as of perhaps a week and a half ago), the software is now replacing a double press of the return key into double line space. Normally this would place you on the next line (first return) and leave one blank line (second return). Now it puts in two blank lines.

Look at the spacing below this line for an example.

Here's the HTML code problem - too many breaks being inserted : HTML Code:
<div id="post_message_nnnn" class="nolinks"> Sample text. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> Sample text over-spaced. </div>

Jvan suggested changing editor mode when posting. That works, but it doesn't retain the setting. So, I have to change the editor mode every time I post or edit a post.

Something has changed. I don't think it was Firefox since I do updates manually and don't recall one, but it's possible. The problem doesn't happen in MS IE. It also doesn't happen in Chrome (which has no editor button).

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
This is a test.

This is only a test.

This is hitting return twice after using the period.

To create one blank line.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
I'm getting this problem.
One carriage return.

Two carriage returns to create one blank line during editing.

It will change to two blank lines.

The funny thing is, I can go back and edit out the extra inserted carriage return, and all is good.

Like I have done here.

Note, using Firefox 60.0

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... I've even seen where I think it is affecting old posts and displaying them with additional lines in some cases. PITA.

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
So that would be a roger that.
Still happening unless I only go with the single carriage return, which does not interject an extra space between lines and results in what you see here.
This was on Firefox.

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem... it's a free forum, so if you're working on it at all, that's great.

Thanks,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts