SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
The solution to the HID kit = P0641 limp mode is so funny.....but it works! I had the same issue yesterday after installing my HID kit and it went into limp mode.

I uninstalled everything...drove to Advanced Auto...came up with P0641...took out all the relays from the engine compartment...had them try to find new ones becuase I thought one was blown...put them all back in to drive home and no more limp mode.

However, the check engine light is still on. Any ideas as to why?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Like Nickshu mentioned, it seems to happen on MY03.

I have my ballast located on top of the air box and on top of relay on driverside.
I may put it in side the battery box.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had this same issue with my 2004 9-3. Just fixed it by wrapping it in an old wash cloth.
thanks guys! this was really bugging me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dude!

haha man i had the same problem. but besides the solution i found out why
heres why : the ballasts is to close to the ac pressure sensor and makes the computer thing somthing is wong with the coolant / ac system. causing it to go in lim mode. haha you hant have to wrap it in a towel. just put it either below your airbox or anywhere away from the silver coolant tubing. wrappingg t in a towel works to bc itl prevent the heat from reaching the tubing. there u go man i was freaking out too and i was pissed

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah, I just ended up relocating them to the back of the housing, rather than resting on the coolant pipes. Worked like a charm.

Sometimes this car simply baffles me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts