SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i changed the oil in my car (2000-95 2.3). after i finished i started and drove fine. when i got back home I decided to clean the car including the engine bay. I didn't use pressure just some degreaser and a lite hose rinse.
it started fine right after and then my wife went to the park and when she was on her way home it went into limp mode. i reset limp mode but as soon as the key is switched to the on position it clicks in to limp mode. any idea where to start.

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
any CEL codes?

If the code is still in, the car will go into LHM immediately since the engine controller still thinks that there is something wrong. When you need to get out of LHM you need to both reset the throttle body under the hood and clear the CEL.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CEL is on, but haven't had the code read due to it not starting. What could have set it into LHM. Water would of got where?

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
lots of things could get fouled with water. connections to the DIC, throttle body, turbo bypass valve, you name it.

But after a few days it should be dry. Reset the CEL, clear the limp mode and you should be good to go.

(write the codes down before you clear them just in case)

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Disconnect the LH sensor/solenoid and TB electrical connections and clean the connector pins; if you have a compressor even better; the connection probably got wet it should be fine when it dries but the water will corrode the pins (I use a dab of vaseline on the pins) reconnect, clear the codes first before you reset the LHM. Next time put a plastic bag over the TB before you wash the engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So, the code is p1530. I have checked and dried all connections. I did find 1 connection that actually had water pooled in the plug. I'm not sure what it is called, maybe..intake sensor? It's circled in the pics.I'm hoping that its just that sensor and not the throttle body itself. or maybe the LH solenoid itself shorted... anyone know how i would check the solenoid?

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
Code P1530 is: Pedal Position Sensor 1 & 2 Circuit Sum Out Of Range

This is the Throttle Position Sensor that is built into the Throttle Body.

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
That's the code that I got a while back that the throttle body is out of whack. I think a BBA Reman of the throttle body is in your future, I know it is in mine.

That said, reset it and reset the limp home and you may find that it'll not kick for a while. Mine was kicking frequently two years ago, a good cleaning of the TB sent it away for a while but it does come back.

To clean the TB you really need to take it off, get some TB cleaner, a toothbrush and go at it. you'll need a new gasket to put it back on, but those are cheap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a used / rebuilt TB. (08). I was wondering if I was just going to be able to simply switch them or is there any tuning/adj. that need to be done?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe the 04 and newer TB is different then the 99-03 which was part of the redesign to solve the sludge problem. I have just put a 04 motor in my 99 and had to get all the 04 parts to get it to hook up correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts