SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when the car was not started I had put the sound system ON pretty high to show it off to a friend. I thought I saw the dome lights flicker, I didn't make much of it at the time. But this morning when I turned on the car I noticed the left headlamp it seemed to flicker but as soon as I got out of the car to check it, everything seemed fine.

Is this the start of loads of electrical problems?? I use leds as dome light bulbs, side marker bulbs, and license plate bulbs... but all the bulbs are low voltage and for the side marker and license plate bulbs are all wedge bulbs. Might this be cause by a battery thats about to die or it the beggining of something more serious?

P.S I just realised I am in the wrong forum.. I have a Saab 9-5 and not a 9000.. my bad..

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Well, that's a pretty much general car question. If you have a high end powerful audio system, ESPECIALLY with a sub, you wil get a flicker when the sub will give its bass. So, see if at high volume the flicker corresponds to bass beat from the sub. Basically, it means the alternator is not coping with all the current draw...

Klim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts