SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I picked up my 9-5 I've had a light on my passenger side stuck on (I'm assuming it's a parking light) and have never been able to get it to turn off or the driver side one to turn on (Indicators still work just fine) so I know it's not a dead bulb. Anyone have any sort of idea what could be causing it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Ever since I picked up my 9-5 I've had a light on my passenger side stuck on (I'm assuming it's a parking light) and have never been able to get it to turn off or the driver side one to turn on (Indicators still work just fine) so I know it's not a dead bulb. Anyone have any sort of idea what could be causing it?
Headlight weirdness with the halogen lights is often caused by the big orange relay in the engine bay fuse box. I'd start troubleshooting there.

https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/48...BO5TNioNf88HPTOkvqGFjToQG4hofZdRoCxBoQAvD_BwE

(You could definitely get it cheaper from a junk yard.)

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
According to WIS, your 2006 should have front parking lights. Those would be on any time the headlights or parking lights are on. It's a 5W wedge base bulb.

EDIT: huh, in the picture, that's not a 2006! If it's an earlier model, the turn signal houses dual-filament amber bulbs. The dim filament is the parking light, the bright filament is the turn signal. So it's possible to have the signals working properly, but no parking light. You'd have to pull the signal housing and check if the bulb is the correct type, installed correctly, and both filaments are working.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That is a 1999-2001 model as it has the headlight wipers. As stated in the previous post, the corner light is a combination parking/turn signal bulb, i.e. a dual filament. If someone jammed it in the wrong way, the turn signal will be a parking light and the parking light will be a turn signal.

In addition, the drivers corner light parking light is burnt out since it should be on when the headlights are on.

If you hold the bulb in your hands, you will see the tabs on the bulbs are at a different height, so you should only be able to install it one way, but I've seen people jam it in there backwards.

I used a 1157NA bulb as a replacement. Commonly available everywhere, even Wal*Mart!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts