SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an 03 arcss new body and the light output is nothing at all compared to the audi i traded in. also my girl just bought a tl and the output of that monster is incredible. anybody have swapped out their projectors for better ones? i thought my hid bulbs were old and needed replacing but when i replaced them the same output. my 2007 camry with aftermarket hids has brighter and better output then the saab.

any input is appreciated:D

i was thinking of switching the projector to either Benz Bmw or Audi

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, I have the same problem. I do not like how dim they seem. I had a 2003 Avalanche with after market HID's and they were a lot brighter. let me know what you do to fix the problem, i will try it as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took off the headlight and took a look inside. im sure if i can find metal pieces around to cover all the open areas that the bi-xenon has it will perform alot better. or change the prjoector. does anyone know what brand name makes the bi-xenon projectors on our cars?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Okey dokes...There are a dozen or more threads in here on aftermarket HID lighting, folks with H7's have upgraded. Now if your dissapointed with the stock HID, I don't know what to tell you except you should have driven the car at night! Ya Think?:roll:

Now I'm gonna say try the FAQ or search.

·
Registered
37 Posts
well like we said earlier, we are looking to UPGRADE the factory HID lights, and the aftermarket thread on HID lighting is more for the halogen bulb people.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know right. this is for people who have a car with STOCK hids and not just halogens. we are talking about upgrading projectors or modifying projectors we already have, not just changning the bulbs like you guys. Thank you

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Well I think that's about what you'll find here in the forum, personally I can't recall a project where a member has "upgraded" the existing Xenon/Bi-Xenon systems. they've just been replacing the H7 systems with aftermarket HID Kis.

·
Registered
759 Posts
03Arc said:
ill be more than happy to be the first on the forum to complete it then.
I wish you the best of luck, but most dealers will not do this, and the wiring harness (which is integrated into the harness throughout the car) is not there on non-Xenon cars, all the way to the front and rear axles for the leveling sensors. All is integrated into a centralized BUS system, so if you don't have it all it won't work.

You need the following parts:
Headlamp assy Xenon 12756084(left) and 12756085(right) $384 x2 =$768
(Headlamp assy includes leveling servos, bulbs and Xenon ignition transformers)
Xenon ballast electronic unit 12790592 (2 required) $250 x2 = $500
Front center of gravity sensor 13214749 $81.00
Rear center of gravity sensor 24417126 $82.00
Xenon headlight system control unit 12770439 $189.00

Also, EPC lists a different wiring harness for B207 LHD engine cars with and without Xenon, but I can't find the right part number. Maybe it superceeded to a new number, or they began fitting all cars with Xenon harnesses (hopefully).

So that brings the grand total (just for parts) to $1620.00, plus the cost of the wiring harness, if needed.

Of course, the system must be programmed with the TECHII to be operational. But the issue is you may not be able to get the wiring harness!!

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Nick, he already has xenons....he doesn't like the output so he wants to replace them with a better grade (?) of lamp & projector.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes all i want to do is swap the projector. i can get it done by a legit retrofitter but its like 600$ i can do it myself.

Correct me if im wrong but our projector are made by HELLA correct?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mine say Hella on them. Mine are real bright too. I get high beamed all the time from people thinking I have my high beams on. With my highs on I think sometimes I could land a plane.:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn and you have an 03? mine dont shine at all. im used to having quality projectors lol.

·
Registered
536 Posts
03Arc said:
damn and you have an 03? mine dont shine at all. im used to having quality projectors lol.
Do you have the Bi-Xenon's? Mine are and they have the stock bulbs. I was thinking about getting 5000k bulbs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeh i have the stock xenon projector bi-xenons. and i switched the bulbs and they still suck. i am thinking of switching the projector lens with a clear lens for 135 bux but i dont know yet.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Color Temp does not mean brighter.....4300K is factory standard, higher color temps lean to blues and purples...actually less light output.

·
Registered
536 Posts
JonV said:
Color Temp does not mean brighter.....4300K is factory standard, higher color temps lean to blues and purples...actually less light output.
Yeah, I know. That is why I wanted to go to 5000k. So I don't get flashed so much.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts