SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2004 9-3 and have just returned from 2 weeks holiday where the car was not used. Upon return I started the car to drive to work, and it started fine - only to cut out a few minutes later whilst reversing out of my parkling space. I managed to get it started again by keeping it turning over for about 45 seconds and although a little lumpy at first this seemed to clear. When driving home some 10 hours later the same thing happened.

This morning it started fine and drove with no problems but I now have a light illuminated which is to the right of the ABS light in yellow and looks like a tap - Im guessing a water/fuel pump?. I turned the engine off when I arrived removed the key and then restarted which again it was fine but this light remains on after the check although it says check ok - can anyone guide me on what this may be?

thanks Vince

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry its the one to the right of the oil can - you have ABS on the left then the oil can - then then one that is illuminated.

vince

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ahhh... you've thrown what I believe to be a CEL... Check Engine warning Light... consult your dealer. It would have logged a code in the ECU that the dealer can extract using a hand held computer called a Tech 2.....that will tell you the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are a star - many thanks for your time, off to the saab dealer with my wallet I go!

Have a good day

Vince

1 - 7 of 7 Posts