SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone from USA know if someone has license plate series number saab in the plate? It would be cool if someone of us had it:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Not sure if you mean a vanity plate with a reference to SAAB on it or that someone had a low plate number like "93". If you mean vanity plate, in most states if you go the the state motor vehicle site (DMV, BMV, etc.) you can check in the vanity plate section for a name like SAAB93 or Aero to see if someon eelse has it. In Arizona, a state with comparatively few SAABs, many of the obvious choices were already taken. So yes, there are man vanity plates with SAAB in the mix.

Funny, well a little bit funny, story. The previous owner of my SAAB had a vanity plate that said 3 VALVE. Whne picking it up, after some polite conversation I mentioned that old SAABs had a 2 stroke, 3 cylinder, not 3 valves. He smiled and said he was a jazz trumpet player, hence the 3 VALVE plate. ;oops:

Just need to say that vanity plate has a conotation of some bragging in it but if you own a SAAB it's just stating the truth!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I think what he means is that the plate was printed with the letters forming saab just by the rotation of the letters. For example. In PA we has 3 letters and 4 numbers. My friends plate says HIV, the other has SAB.

Some states have four letters and there is a chance that SAAB would appear

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I think what he means is that the plate was printed with the letters forming saab just by the rotation of the letters. For example. In PA we has 3 letters and 4 numbers. My friends plate says HIV, the other has SAB.

Some states have four letters and there is a chance that SAAB would appear
Well, that makes better sense than what I interpreted.
I remember seeing acronyms like you suggest but never a full word.I bet they program against that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts