SaabCentral Forums banner
161 - 180 of 303 Posts
Those are simple contact points and they look like new. The problem lies with the control circuit. Where is the control circuit you ask??? Keep asking, cause I don't know yet, lol.

As far as both switches being faulty with identical symptoms, not very likely at all.

Discussion starter · #164 ·
Pic shows dirty PCB contact points.
I took pictures while disasembling to be able to re-assemble it just the way it was. I didn't really took pictures after cleaning but if you insist I can do it but I took a bowl, put about an inch of isopropyl alcohol, soaked it, wiped it with paper towels put it back together. Problems kept happening therefore I got another one from scrap yard, and again it took it apart cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, put it together replaced in car. Exactly the same symptoms, sometimes works fine, sometimes sluggish, sometimes it is switched to left and it changes right mirror.

The best way to make sure you have clean contacts, is to take the part to a sandblasting cabinet and hit it hard. Off course there might not be anything left over at the end, but at least it was clean for a few seconds :LOL::ROFLMAO: 😜

Discussion starter · #169 ·
Gas Electronic device Toy Font Engineering

White Sleeve Gadget Input device Material property

White Black Sleeve Gadget Collar

Guys it is cheaper to get another one, in winter they go for like £2000-2500 in very good state than keep putting new parts into one that doesn't even have a fuel lines :)
I took photos to have proof that i blasted it today with sandpaper cos I know no one will believe me I will update in few days.
Toy Wheel Gas Tire Auto part

Those contacts are good to go. If it still has the same issues, then another area needs to be looked at. I imagine the electronics are on the other side of the PCB? Have you looked at the other side of the board? Maybe there's something going on there? How much could there be? A motor, the switches, and a few bits for memory and speed control. Not much to these things.

Discussion starter · #172 ·
every I.C.E car has fuel lines,otherwise how does fuel get from the tank to the engine..
Ok I wasn't precise enough, the removed fuel lines going around tank to fuel filter. So parts of fuel lines are gone and fuel filter is gone. Those are removed.

Those contacts are good to go. If it still has the same issues, then another area needs to be looked at. I imagine the electronics are on the other side of the PCB? Have you looked at the other side of the board? Maybe there's something going on there? How much could there be? A motor, the switches, and a few bits for memory and speed control. Not much to these things.
Yeah I will look through everything if I won't manage to find any fault I will get new switch but that's why I'm thinking about removing whole doors and checking there, I suspect use of that magic tape that they used to fix all other electronics. I thought I am newbie at car repair but even I know you don't use masking tape to fix electric cables or to attach grille....

If pics are AFTER cleaning, you did not clean them carefully.
I see oxidation in PCB contact points.

Reactions: leyus
If you still have them apart, I would use 0000 steel wool. Probably called something else in Britain, but you probably know what I'm talking about. Lightly go over the brass areas until they shine. We wanna make sure all the gremlins are out.

Discussion starter · #176 ·
I try to do small things after work ( like cleaning mirror switch for the 574 th time ;) ) but when i have half a day off like today I try to do something slighlty bigger, especially that this Sunday we are doing full service on my mate's wife car so I won't do much on saab if anything. So I applied autoglym care balm to seats, no pictures taken as it doesnt improve massively their look on first day but rather when it's fully sink in and protects them from UV and damage. But I also regenerated Lights.
This is how they looked initially
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Plant

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Discussion starter · #178 ·
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Car Tire

I can't be sure yet but I might get half a day tomorrow. If I'm lucky, I will finally remove the battery and try to open gearbox oil. If I succeed I will order oil, I need 2.4 litre if I'm correct?

Also there seems to be some noise when I'm shifting gears from 1 2 and 3. It is rather random, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't, its when i release the clutch, it's like a fart at the back of the car (I know such a great description ;) ) any ideas ? 1st gear is sticky, and now this noise appears more and more often, kind of like farty misfire, I am starting to suspect clutch, but usually it can be heard at front and usually when hitting 2nd gear revs will got through the roof and I get none of that. What can it be?

Attachments

Discussion starter · #179 ·
OK I'm getting desperate it is FM55 101 gearbox and I can't find fill plug. I even recorded a video. Every photo/video I've seen had it right under battery tray, this one seems different. Anyone can see it?

161 - 180 of 303 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.