SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have fallen in love with the b308E (3.0v6) and am getting a motor to begin building. I am open to any ideas and expect this to be a completely custom, pricey (hope not but it will), and time consuming job.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
My Idea, build a 2.3 instead...

No seriously, there are not performacne parts at all for these and they are not so robust...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
My Idea, build a 2.3 instead...

No seriously, there are not performacne parts at all for these and they are not so robust...
+1 on this....but...

Do something different and stick with the V6! I say go after things that no one has done.
this could be a challenge, and an interesting one at that. In all honesty, I would think that you would have better luck starting with something like the 2.8 V6 from the 9-3 instead, or....perish the thought, something like an old supra engine ;oops: - something that is bulletproof more or less so you can just crank the hell out of the boost! You're a brave soul for undertaking this for sure and I look forward to progress reports!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been considering twin turbos and rotated to rwd. idk how it will work out :) this is gonna be fun. as for robust, I'm not looking for too crazy. like this won't be a 1000 whp saab, maybe 600whp? 500? the fun for me is the build. and this will take literal years.

·
Registered
431 Posts
can you weld? sheet metal intake manifold and long tube headersand get the heads ported and polished, that would be a good start. Im sure you can get some cams custom ground. Im sure there are plenty of things you can do.

Back when i was into a-body cars we had a member who took an 80s buick century ( little fwd econocar) and was able to build it up to around 380whp with his own turbo setup on the origional engne, he now beats on evos and stis with it..there are NO performance parts for that car. Anything can be done with enough know how and determination.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts